Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jan 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
teamsingo134
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Virgin inflight food/drink Economy

We have not flown for a while with VA and just wondered are the inflight drinks/snacks available throughout the flight or only when the meals are served.

I seem to recall previously they were available whenever you wanted them?

I know on other short haul flights you can buy drinks etc mid flight which would not be an issue if this is now how VA was.

Mainly it is so we can plan if we need to get drinks etc airside before we fly

Thanks
teamsingo134 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

We were on the VA flight on Thursday, you can go and get drinks whenever you want. Not sure about snacks though. We were in economy.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

In economy it will just be drinks available when ever you want. Meals are served at set times. You get a snack with the first drinks service (as you take off) but that's it for snacks. Premium have snacks available but not economy
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Drinks are available when you want them subject to the staff having time to get you one (unlikely in my experiences!)
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Drinks are available when you want them subject to the staff having time to get you one (unlikely in my experiences!)
This was my experience ...if I asked for an extra and I am talking soft drinks they gave me a look the loud lairy bloke in front swearing across the plane and flirting with both make and female staff got what he wanted when he wanted even after complaints from others around... I guess it depends on how assertive you are .

Edited at 08:49 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew to New York last Wednesday, only one snack given out and drinks didn’t flow. I felt rather dehydrated. No one ever lets you know you can have extra drinks etc. Most people just have things to eat when the crew serve you.
Old 7 Jan 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

You can just go to the galley kitchen and ask for a drink. We got a few no problem, and you get a small bottle of water with your lunch.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Snacks should be served/ available throughout the flight in economy as per their website
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
teamsingo134
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thanks guys
teamsingo134 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve only flown to San Francisco and they were excellent.

Couldn’t eat all the food, we were hardly finished the meal before more snacks came!

I had a snack with first drink, meal, fab ice lolly, afternoon tea and then another snack with coffee. Was so full getting off that flight and I took my last snack off with me!
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List