Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Beyond the Parks
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 9 Jan 20, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Very Serious Dibber

I thought of the Void as well but if you check out the FAQ

What is the minimum height and age for visiting The VOID? Is this okay for children?

Guests must be a minimum of 48 inches (1.20 m) tall to visit The VOID. We strongly recommend that guests are at least 10 years old. It will be up to the discretion of the manager to allow guests under 10 years of age to attend The VOID due to safety or operational concerns.

Minors (under 18 years old) can experience The VOID by themselves if they have their parent or legal guardians consent. At certain locations, the parent or legal guardian can consent to the digital liability waiver, privacy policy, and terms and conditions ahead of time. If consent is not given in advance, then the parent or legal guardian will need to be present on-site to give consent.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Ah, if your son has sensory issues then I might reconsider my advice about The Void. You have a big, heavy helmet/backpack on that convers your face. Also it really feels like you are in whatever world they're currently doing - it was Star Wars when we went and you literally felt like you were in a Star Wars movie! You can't see the room around you and the people you are with all look like eg. Stormtroopers. You can get straight back to reality by taking the glasses off but it could be quite unsettling for someone with sensory issues.
Thanks
def sounds like it might be a no go for little man but sounds like something ds1 might enjoy so will look into that
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
fingers crossed
Unread 10 Jan 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
Thanks
the big issue is he's liable to go into melt down and end up throwing a bowling ball at someone or doing a runner we are working on it we've been going to sensory friendly sessions to work on improving his ability to cope but at the moment its not worth the risk esp as I wouldn't be there to deal with him.
ah apologies... just assumed you thought he was too young

good luck
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Maybe go on the friendship boats to Saratoga Springs, Old Key West and Port Orleans and watch a movie at one of those resorts. Or do a snack at each resort.

If they like Lego, they could spend a good hour in there, and a good amount of their holiday money!

If you are going at night, I would recommend they take the bus to Animal Kingdom Lodges and watch the animal with the night time goggles. It is a great resort to visit.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jan 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
ah apologies... just assumed you thought he was too young

good luck
No need to apologise I should have been clearer in my first post
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
fingers crossed