Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jan 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

BA Club World- how easy to climb over the footrest?

I’m flying BA club world LHR-IAD in March and am wondering about the window seats where you would need to climb over the other persons footrest to get out, I’m flying solo. Previously I’ve had an aisle seat or I’ve had 63k on the upper deck 747 that you can squeeze out of.

I don’t want to pay £80+ to reserve a seat so will have to take my chance at 7 days out when I can select for free.

I’m hoping there might be a bulkhead window still free but if not I think I’d still prefer window and have to step over than the aisle, I’m on an A380.

So I’m only 5ft 2 but fit and pretty flexible, will I be able to step over the footrest without making an idiot of myself and landing on the person who I’m climbing over? Anyone else any experience of this ( climbing over, not falling)

Wishing I’d had a go at it on my last flight to see if I could manage it!
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

To be honest they footrests aren’t very high so easy enough to climb over

I’d say its more of an issue disturbing the person you might be climbing over especially if they are asleep

This was my only gripe about BA Club World (1st World Problem i know) this August was our first time travelling in this class and it was awesome apart from this
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Missin_Disney View Post
To be honest they footrests aren’t very high so easy enough to climb over

I’d say its more of an issue disturbing the person you might be climbing over especially if they are asleep

This was my only gripe about BA Club World (1st World Problem i know) this August was our first time travelling in this class and it was awesome apart from this
Thanks I think I’ll be ok then
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Agreed it’s not the actual footrest part it’s the persons legs if they are asleep. But as above they aren’t they high, I use the side of the chair part to hold on to.
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
John
Imagineer

John's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Just reading this post... BA charge you to book a seat if flying Club? unbelievable, they will be charging to use the toilet next
John is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
You must, must, must sit upstairs if you are on a 380. You have never seen such big toilets!
Old 10 Jan 20, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by John View Post
Just reading this post... BA charge you to book a seat if flying Club? unbelievable, they will be charging to use the toilet next
This is my only gripe with BA Club World. The cost to reserve a seat varies according to the location of the seat. In Nov the seat I wanted cost £118 (one way 😱 ) so I took pot-luck and got a great seat. On the way home I was given the seat I would have chosen so I was lucky both ways.

What I saved by not reserving the seats more than paid for DC and my dolphin swim.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I paid to book club world seats the first time we flew club. After that I wouldn’t bother but hubby is disabled so it’s free to book your seats, that’s worth knowing!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
If you are Executive club gold and maybe silver, you used to be able to book the seats free. My silver days are long past though. Gold could also use and sign in guests to first class lounges.

Thought the A380 was fabulous and yes the upstairs toilet at the front is huge.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies, yes I’ve seen the large toilet when I’ve been on the A380 before, then I had an aisle seat as I got upgraded at check in.

I’m bronze so can select at a week out so I’ll just take my chances