Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Jan 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Another fan here. Got the 2nd book for Christmas, made something different each night this week: chicken in orange was delicious, garlic and lime balti, quesadillas, Mediterranean tuna pasta bake, pizza loaded fries. The recipes are very easy and all of my family have eaten anything I've made from the books or recipes from their website. I'd also look at their Facebook group as it's quite active and lots of ideas on there too.
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

My wife has bought the first one at Aldi's. Recipes look really good.
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by folkie View Post
Aldi have the first one for £5.99 at the moment.
Thanks for letting me know
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Yes I’ve made tea out of them every night this week. There is another thread about them on the food section which may help
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1156791
Thank you. I didn't actually realised there was a food section
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Thanks for the replies. We're stuck in a bit of a food rut and these looked like they might be quite good for inspiration.
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Are the books any different to what you can find online? I use their website quite a lot, and really enjoy the recipes I’ve tried so far.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Are the books any different to what you can find online? I use their website quite a lot, and really enjoy the recipes I’ve tried so far.
Not really you can get most (probably all but I haven’t checked) of the recipes online but I quite like using a book especially for meal planning.
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Not really you can get most (probably all but I haven’t checked) of the recipes online but I quite like using a book especially for meal planning.
Thanks

I like flicking through cook books too, but have discovered over the years that I usually only cook one or two things from each one, so I recently had a cull! However, for £5.99 I think I might treat myself as I have tried quite of a few from Pinch of Nom.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Thanks

I like flicking through cook books too, but have discovered over the years that I usually only cook one or two things from each one, so I recently had a cull! However, for £5.99 I think I might treat myself as I have tried quite of a few from Pinch of Nom.
I’m usually the same but I’ve actually used these quite a bit, unlike most of my Jamie Oliver ones
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

The first one is really good unlike most cook books we use loads out of it. I’m not so keen on the 2nd one every day light

The receives are really easy and some give 3 methods I’d oven, slow cooker, pressure cooker
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List