Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jan 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

DDP on arrival day?

Hey everyone,

First 5 days for us are at AKL with DDP. Flight leaves Gatwick at 10.35 so arrival at MCO roughly 1pm their time. Guessing arrival AKL 3-5pm ish worst case.
Does the DDP start on check in? Never used it before. Any recommendations where to book to eat for 2 adults 2 children?
Would love to get across to Avatar land for fast pass FOP but maybe wishing too much lol
Thanks Jon
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes it does but generally we wouldn’t book a table service for arrival day as it’s too unpredictable. I’d stick with QS at either the resort or the park.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Meb
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DDP is valid from check in until midnight on day you checkout. You can use as and when you want it’s not per day. We eat off site some evenings so end up with QS left over and swap them for snacks on last day 😬
2022 - Hopefully
Meb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

ahh ok I need some DDP training I don't know anything about credits etc.
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have a read of this thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1011133

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
Hey everyone,

First 5 days for us are at AKL with DDP. Flight leaves Gatwick at 10.35 so arrival at MCO roughly 1pm their time. Guessing arrival AKL 3-5pm ish worst case.
Does the DDP start on check in? Never used it before. Any recommendations where to book to eat for 2 adults 2 children?
Would love to get across to Avatar land for fast pass FOP but maybe wishing too much lol
Thanks Jon
You probably wouldn’t get a FP for Flight of Passage on your first day of the trip, but if you can you might as well book it and see how you feel upon arrival.

For dining, I wouldn’t book anything on the first day after an international flight. I would also, in your position really only consider the QS (Mara) at AKL or a QS in Animal Kingdom Park if you do decide to go over. I wouldn’t venture any further.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As others have suggested, we don't use a TS arrival day, we actually found that we were too tired to enjoy them IYKWIM, the Mara has a good selection of QS. Not sure if you have been before but just because they both have Animal in there name, they're not close together
On a 1:00pm arrival you could be in your Hotel lobby by 3:00pm but it could be just as easily be the latter - We landed about 10 mins after Virgin (London) to only 2 immigration officials, manning desks (plenty standing about doing Hee Haw) further exacerbated by an unfortunate couple who had a problem- not sure what it was but there were tears & they were still there after we had queued & leaving the arrival hall & we were in there 90 mins at least!
You won't have a problem securing FOP later in your holiday, probably from day 4-5 onwards
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

ahh ok I need some DDP training I don't know anything about credits etc.

I will assume you didn’t upgrade the dining plan to deluxe dining plan. Each person receives one table service credit, one quick service credit and two snack credits for each night of the stay.

Table service meals typically need to be booked in advance and are secured by credit card. Most people do not make a TS booking in their arrival day as if you miss it or feel too tired for it, there is a $10 charge to the card.

Quick service meals cannot be pre-booked, other than for a few exceptions. This is why everybody has suggested it us better to use your QS credits on arrival day.

Edited at 01:04 PM.
Old 19 Jan 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I will assume you didn’t upgrade the dining plan to deluxe dining plan. Each person receives one table service credit, one quick service credit and two snack credits for each night of the stay.

Table service meals typically need to be booked in advance and are secured by credit card. Most people do not make a TS booking in their arrival day as if you miss it or feel too tired for it, there is a $10 charge to the card.

Quick service meals cannot be pre-booked, other than for a few exceptions. This is why everybody has suggested it us better to use your QS credits on arrival day.
we are on the standard ddp. I'm a little lost how credits work. places like be our guest use 2 credits for an evening meal, does that mean you need to miss out an evening meal over the 5 days?
Old 19 Jan 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

we are on the standard ddp. I'm a little lost how credits work. places like be our guest use 2 credits for an evening meal, does that mean you need to miss out an evening meal over the 5 days?
Yes BOG is one QS credit for breakfast and lunch and 2TS for dinner.

Yes, people will save credits one night in order to do a signature another. The day they are saving the TS credit they may use snack credits for meals, share QS meals which can be large, or pay cash for the odd meal.