Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jan 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

my ADRs struggling with parks

Hi all you Dibbers.

trying to work out my ADRs before the window opens in 19 days.

Our plan (for Aug 2020) is to get to the parks in the morning, do a load of stuff and fast passes, then back to hotel (staying on site) then out later for park/springs and out ADR. we like a table services for evening meal.

This is my list of ADRs for the evening and the parks.

i have 2 questions, 1. do you go to park in late afternoon evening then on to DS in the late evening or go to park in late afternoon and have ADR at the park. Is doing a park and DS in evening to much moving around.

question 2, what do you think of my ADR's, in your opinions am i missing a great restaurant. (Ive attached a picture it looks a little blured so i will provide a list too.)

each one of these days we are at a different park then in the evening going to these parks with an ADR.

travel day - AKL Mara quick service then bed (ish)
Enzos Hideaway DS
Saana AKL
Mamma mel rose HS
Teppan Edo Epcot
Tonys town square MK
yak and yeti AK
t rex DS
Home comin DS
Space 220
Yachtsman
Raglan Rd DS
Via Napoli Epcot
Morimoto Asia DS
California grill DS
Saana AKL

hope all makes sense.

thanks you lot

August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

I honestly think it just depends on personal preference and how busy/relaxed you want your holiday to be. I also think it depends on the number of people/ages of people in your group?

The last time we were there we spent a lot of our evenings in DS after a park as we liked the atmosphere and dining options - and we also like a drink! But we are just two adults so it really suits us. Whereas if we were a family I think I would prefer to either eat and stay the park during the evening, or just skip an evening park and head straight to DS. Less faffing I suppose! Having said that if you are just a party of two adults I think you would be fine doing a park and DS in one night.

I think you have a great mix of ADRs but if you are planning to spend some time at DS I would highly recommend the Boathouse! It is a signature but very worth it in my opinion.
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think that looks like a good list.

Normally if we plan an evening in a park we’d eat dinner there. We eat at Disney Springs or a resort on days we do a park in the morning.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
I honestly think it just depends on personal preference and how busy/relaxed you want your holiday to be. I also think it depends on the number of people/ages of people in your group?

The last time we were there we spent a lot of our evenings in DS after a park as we liked the atmosphere and dining options - and we also like a drink! But we are just two adults so it really suits us. Whereas if we were a family I think I would prefer to either eat and stay the park during the evening, or just skip an evening park and head straight to DS. Less faffing I suppose! Having said that if you are just a party of two adults I think you would be fine doing a park and DS in one night.

I think you have a great mix of ADRs but if you are planning to spend some time at DS I would highly recommend the Boathouse! It is a signature but very worth it in my opinion.
thanks for taking the time to reply, great responce. We are a family of 4 (2ad 2ch 15 and 12). At the moment i plan is to eat at a park if we are there or skip it and eat at DS as you pointed out. Sounds like similar thoughts, thanks TigerTily8
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I think that looks like a good list.

Normally if we plan an evening in a park we’d eat dinner there. We eat at Disney Springs or a resort on days we do a park in the morning.
Hi Sha9

thanks for replying,

sounds like we are thinking similar thoughts.

Glad i am on the right track.

Cheers
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Great question and something i have been considering also for my upcoming May trip, the first with kids (6 & 4)

My plans are the same as you...

Early starts in parks most days then lunch then home for rest and pool.
Evenings maybe head back to a different park and eat there or go to DS.

I don't think we will try both in an evening and my problem is most of the food im interested in is at DS
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

I have just looked through my dinner ADRs. I have a mixture of park based ADRs (and yes I will have been to a different park during the day), resort based ADRs (not too many of them, I have Storybook Dining and Boma for example) and I also have some in Disney Springs. I would never plan to go to a park and Disney Springs in the same evening.

Your list looks fine to me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

They was I do it, is pick which days we will go to which park first (using busy day guide), then fit in the restaurants around that so we make best us of time.

We tend to do mornings to mid afternoon at parks in first week, as up early, and afternoons to fireworks in 2nd week, when we want lie in / pool mornings.

Disney Springs fits in well after a waterpark day for us.

So we like Tusker House for breakfast, so that fits into first week when we are there one morning, where as if we want to do Yak and Yeti for evening meal, we'd try get that for 2nd week when in park afternoon - evening, and so on.

Although it sounds regimented (and it's all changeable!) - it's actually more relaxing than going to a park, back to hotel, out for meal, then to Disney Springs - we get lots of resort / pool time, or can use time to go to park again if we feel like it.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
They was I do it, is pick which days we will go to which park first (using busy day guide), then fit in the restaurants around that so we make best us of time.

We tend to do mornings to mid afternoon at parks in first week, as up early, and afternoons to fireworks in 2nd week, when we want lie in / pool mornings.

Disney Springs fits in well after a waterpark day for us.

So we like Tusker House for breakfast, so that fits into first week when we are there one morning, where as if we want to do Yak and Yeti for evening meal, we'd try get that for 2nd week when in park afternoon - evening, and so on.

Although it sounds regimented (and it's all changeable!) - it's actually more relaxing than going to a park, back to hotel, out for meal, then to Disney Springs - we get lots of resort / pool time, or can use time to go to park again if we feel like it.
i really like this idea! i know we will want pool time and some lazy days too. Didn't think of it as much like 1st and 2nd week and tiredness etc but i will now.