Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 25 May 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Out of interest where else have you stayed? I’m not expecting Wynn amenities and rooms at Ballys but I won’t want a noisy room. We’ve previously stayed at the Signature, Venetian, Vdara, Mandalay Bay and last trip at Tuscany Suites. Tuscany because it was £32/night when Venetian and the like were £350 (there were some conventions on that pushed up the prices I think). While I didn’t love Tuscany, it was perfectly fine for the price we paid.
In Vegas we stayed at the Flamingo on our previous 3 visits. Twice in a lovely upgraded room with a tv in the bathroom mirror and electric drapes etc. I hated our room on one occasion and insisted we moved to the nicer room type. I'm quite fussy on arrival to the room and have asked to move at hotels we've stayed in. At ballys I did my usual cleanliness check and made sure everything worked and there really was nothing I could fault minus a bit of a dusty outside window if I was being fussy but there was also signs warning you it was window cleaning time i.e bear in mind when nude in room lol. Everywhere was clean and we had 2 fridges and a coffee maker. Bed was super comfy. Water preasure was decent for the shower. Loads of charging stations and plug sockets etc. We were near the elevator but had no noise from them.x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kissedafrog View Post
Tbh I’ve never done a trip report, I will try and do a highlight / lowlights
We are there for 11 nights, going to a few shows, hoover dam, red rock & lake meade

Flying from Lhr direct, hiring a car for the middle 7 days 😁
Ahh brilliant! Sounds awesome. What shows are you going to? Have you been before?x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Haha Vegas pros/addicts like us then! 5th visit being dreamt of already.

Ooh too hard for one highlight... I'd say a few of my favourites are David Copperfield, Jerry Seinfeld and any visit to sigfried and roys secret garden :-) I've not disliked much we've done in Vegas though to be honest. How about you? x
Old 26 May 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kissedafrog View Post
I loved the Beatles Love cirque du soleil show
My o.h loves lake meade, we hire a boat, take a picnic, drop the anchor and chill x
Sounds lovely! Never been to lake mead so maybe next trip - like finding more excuses to go lol! Loved love. We've seen it twice as the couple we went with this time wanted to see it and it was just as good 2nd time round x
Old 23 Jul 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Just found this trip report and enjoying it so far. We had a recent stay at Ballys in the resort tower and loved it. Really could not find any fault with it at all and will stay there again.
Thanks for sharing and off to read the rest
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Just found this trip report and enjoying it so far. We had a recent stay at Ballys in the resort tower and loved it. Really could not find any fault with it at all and will stay there again.
Thanks for sharing and off to read the rest
Thanks so much for reading. Labour of love this report so nice to know people have enjoyed :-) i couldn't fault Ballys either really tbh... other than that I prefer location of flamingo but that may just be because our first 3 stays were there lol x
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinkletoes47
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We recently returned from Las Vegas and also stayed at Bally’s which was great, so central.
We particularly enjoyed the Mob Museum (try the speakeasy bar and distillery tour) and the Neon Museum - absolutely fab.

DRP 7 times to date!
Anaheim 1984, 1995, 2005
Miami and Kissimmee 1992, Highland Reserve 2011
Universal Cabana Bay, Disney Caribbean Beach, Miami, Key West 2015
New York New York Las Vegas 2016
NYC and Los Angeles 2017
Chicago to Vegas Route 66 Road Trip 2019
Twinkletoes47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes47 View Post
We recently returned from Las Vegas and also stayed at Bally’s which was great, so central.
We particularly enjoyed the Mob Museum (try the speakeasy bar and distillery tour) and the Neon Museum - absolutely fab.
We are yet to get to the mob museum but we've been to the neon museum - the brilliant light show is great too x
Old 11 Aug 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Out of interest where else have you stayed? I’m not expecting Wynn amenities and rooms at Ballys but I won’t want a noisy room. We’ve previously stayed at the Signature, Venetian, Vdara, Mandalay Bay and last trip at Tuscany Suites. Tuscany because it was £32/night when Venetian and the like were £350 (there were some conventions on that pushed up the prices I think). While I didn’t love Tuscany, it was perfectly fine for the price we paid.
Sorry only just seen this. We have stayed at the Wynn twice, the Palazzo (Prestige), Hotel32 (Now Nomad I think) & Ballys. When we go