Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 27 Jun 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

02.06.2019 - A Day In LA Tours

Travelling this time was DH (54) - driver/eater/moaner/petrol head/biker

Me (51) - navigator/planner/booker/spreadsheet creator/feeder

Today started at 00:39 / 02:30 / 03:34 and eating left over Panda Express in bed at 04:00

I was left wondering how much of the 8 hour tour of LA I would remain conscious for!

By 6am we decided coffee was in order and walked up to the Starbucks a few doors up, which was open that early on a Sunday and was surprisingly not empty!

Coffee and blueberry muffins followed. No idea of the cost as I didn't keep a receipt.

We were picked up in front of our motel at 8am by the Rasta Bus

which picked up at few other LA hotels and dropped us at the official start of the tour in Santa Monica.

I booked this tour on Expedia back in February for £146.78 and I have to say it was great value for money. The itinerary included Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and Hollywood, and had 3 stops at Griffith Park, Rodeo Drive, The Grove & Farmers’ Market and finished at the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Sunset Strip.

If you don't have long in LA but want to see as much as possible I would highly recommend it.

Santa Monica

Venice Beach / Muscle Beach

Venice

Beverly Hills / Rodeo Drive

The Grove / The Farmers Market

By 1pm we were at the Grove. We found this place a bit overwhelming tbh. It was so full of people and we didn't venture in too far to the Farmers Market for food. The first place we came to got our business.

A grilled steak burrito for him and a shredded chicken quesadilla for me $19.60. Followed by ice creams

We found a bench out of the way just inside the Grove to eat.

Back on the bus and the next stop was the Griffith Observatory

Walk of Fame / Chinese theatre / Dolby Theatre

We then had an option to be taken back to Santa Monica or an Uber back to the motel, but we decided to walk back after some more exploring. We followed the stars all the way to their end off Vine Street and our motel was a little further along Sunset Boulevard. It was only a couple of miles and we enjoyed being out of the bus for a while. We didn't feel unsafe or harassed at any time

As it happens, we had to walk passed Denny's so we popped in for dinner.

We both ordered burgers and DH helped me with mine

Once back in the motel I loaded the days photos and published a few to fb before we had an early night.

Edited at 02:29 PM.
Sam_Smith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Fab day, and what a busy tour! It's my dream to see the James Dean memorial at the observatory. Looking forward to reading more of your trippy 😊
KayLouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Mobile

We did the same tour in May, thought it was great and like you the first place at the Farmer’s Market got our business and by the looks of it we probably ate from the same place!
Old 8 Jul 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sam_Smith
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
We did the same tour in May, thought it was great and like you the first place at the Farmer’s Market got our business and by the looks of it we probably ate from the same place!
Was it Magees?