Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Aug 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Man v Disney
Excited about Disney

Day 26 - Back once again like a Floriday Master - Chill/Hash House a Go Go/Universal

Today was our final full day here and we had no real plans until this evening, however for whatever reason we really struggled to sleep in and were all awake by about 7.30am… maybe it’s a bit of growing awareness that we go home tomorrow. Eliana had decided that she would start trying to get back into English time so set her alarm for 5.45am!

We spent the morning playing in the pool a lot as the weather was amazing. The forecast was to get worse later so we wanted to make the most of it. I got the last couple of days reports uploaded and started to get the final bits of packing done as Han started the task of deciding what could be thrown rather than packed. We wanted to get as much as possible done so that when we got back tonight we were just sorting out the last couple of bits of rubbish and packing.

After a lunch of whatever we had left, not that much actually (we managed to get the right amount of food and have hardly any waste - yay! ), we spent the afternoon around the pool before heading out around 4pm.

Our first stop was Walmart to pick up a last couple of bits that we needed which included some leave in hair oil for Eliana who has the attractive ‘chlorine’ hair stiffness, despite daily deep conditioning, and some french toast coffee mate creamer for Josiah who wouldn’t be able to manage England without it!

We then headed over to our reservation for tea with a little trepidation as Josiah was showing signs of not being hungry again. Eliana had a sleep on the way over too.

Tea tonight was Hash House a Go Go. Han had got a couple of vouchers in advance through Travelzoo which gave us $50 of food for $29. That meant we needed to spend as close to $100 as possible.

Our server Eli was great and sorted us out with drinks immediately, which were needed as it was very hot today. The predicted storms hadn’t arrived yet so the heat had built to around 95 degrees or so.

He warned us about the portion sizes and advised that guests usually share meals as they are so big. Han and Josiah decided to share their Signature chicken and waffles, while Eliana went for the kids burger, she was told this was quite big too!

We had heard about this place as it featured on an episode of Man v Food, the origin of my name, here on The Dibb. When Adam from MvF had been he had tried and highly recommended the Andy’s Sage Fried Chicken Benedict. I know I am not in that culinary league, but felt it only fair to give it a go. Eli did warn me about the size of it!

Instead of bread when you arrive they bring out Honey Butter Biscuits which were divine, we just didn’t have much of them as we were nervous about the size of what was to come.

All I can say is wow – the portions are huge! I was impressed that Eliana finished her whole burger and made a really good dent on her fries. Han and Josiah made a valiant effort on the Waffles and chicken which they said was amazing – it had bacon cooked into the waffles!

I think that my dish was one of the best things I have ever eaten. Here is its description…

”Andy's Sage fried chicken, fresh spinach, hardwood smoked bacon, market tomato, griddled mozzarella, scrambled eggs, all smothered in chipotle cream... O yeah, and a wedge of watermelon!”

I was amazed at how much I managed to eat and I think Eli was impressed. He said that no one usually gets as much eaten as I did, I felt very proud (and really quite full). In fact he has only ever had two people finish it! The whole thing was good, the layer of eggs, the mozzarella and the divine Chipotle Cream. The chicken was so good. Thankyou Andy, whoever you are!

The manager came over at this point to say that we had only spent about $56 of our $100 so did we want to order anything extra to take home as it wouldn’t cost anything. We ordered an extra drink for Han, one of the Bacon Mac n Cheese dishes that I could reheat for breakfast and one of the large chocolate bread puddings to eat when we get back to the villa.

The total came to $81.54 including tax and when they brought the receipt over it had a balance of $0.01. The service had been excellent so we tipped $19.99 so that our total was $20. Well recommended if anyone is looking for a place to eat near Universal.

We drove over to Citywalk next and parked for free, which you can after 6pm. Our only aim today was to go into IOA and do the Harry Potter wand stuff in Hogsmeade.

We waddled over there, literally, and spent about 45 minutes or so doing the various spells using the interactive wands. Josiah’s wand seemed to be having a bit of trouble today so we popped into the wand shop and they replaced the sensor, apparently it was scratched which is why he was struggling to get it to work.

After we were done here we took a slow walk out of the park and back to the car. On our way out we saw 'Mythos' which apparently is still the best theme park restaurant. It has been for many years, we know we saw the same sign here when we last came. The drive back was very quick, traffic was generally light so that was good. We saw the 'not so hidden' mickey one last time and had to take a final photo.

Once we were back we finished clearing all of the rooms so that all that was left was what we needed the next morning. With it all cleaned up we started to feel a little sad that our latest adventure was over.

We finally decided it was time to throw away the trusty fan which had kept us cool (mostly) pretty much every day.

When the kids were in bed, Han and I did a few calculations. Since the 23rd July (about 27 days ago) Han has walked a total of 157.2 miles, doing about 367,515 steps in that time. All based on her iPhone so there would have been more when her phone was in lockers or charging. Me being me I worked our her average stride length to be around 68cm! No wonder we were pooped at the end of each day!

The plan in the morning is to head out around 9.15 to get to the cinema in Tampa well in advance of our 10.55 showing. The drive time is just over 1 hour.

Tomorrow – Cinema, maybe Kekes, Airport, Home. Sad times.
Trip 4: 3 weeks Villa with Parks 2023
Man v Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Suzieee
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I love the sound of Jamie's dinner. Yum! Sad times for the end though xx
Suzieee is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List