Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Aug 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Talking Our Triple Celebration Trip, Thurs June 6th 2019 Travel Day, The One With The High & Devastating Low

Hi & welcome to our Triple Celebration Trip Report.
Let me introduce the gang,
Reece who was 21 in April, the first of our celebrations this year

Me & DH who celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in Juneour 2nd celebration of the year and the 3rd is DHs 50th later this year

Thurs June 6th 2019, Day 1, The one where we go Upper Class & then I receive the devastating news about my dear friend
Well it all started last year when we were deciding what to do in our Triple celebration year,
Reece’s 21st, Ste’s 50th and mine & Ste’s 25th wedding anniversary & we all came back to Disney so that’s what we booked. After we had booked our flights in economy Ste kept checking and managed to get UC outbound & PE inbound for an extra £450 so he went and upgraded (after me umming and ahhing about spending the extra money!) whoot!
So after leaving my Mum with a long list of instructions (which she paid no attention to!) how to work stuff etc in our house & what/where the food etc is for the cats (she’s only looking after 2 of them as Skip is too difficult to handle so he has gone off to the cattery, they love him there!).
Skip:

Holly & Minnie:

We get up at 5 to set off to the airport at 6 and we drop our car off with M&G which was easy and straight forward and then check in at UC and go through security, Ste had paid for fast track not realising we got it with UC! But didn’t end up being that fast track anyway because rookie mistake we(I) had packed tablets in our hand luggage case so they had to go through again! Once through and sorted we head up to the lounge, it’s a lovely little lounge and nice and quiet and Reece got a bit excited because Ashley Young from United was there as well lol, though he does resist the urge to go and get an autograph!
I have a sausage muffin, Ste has sausage, bacon and egg & Reece has pastries, after we have relaxed in the lounge for a while me & Reece head to the shops wandering around duty free (I get a taster of the new Baileys) and head to WHSmith where the new Sophie Kinsella book is out in paperback whoot, but I’m so excited about this that it’s only when we’re boarding that I realise I have forgot to get my weekly Take-a-Break boo!
We then go and sit at our gate, we are on Ladybird and look there’s our windows right at the front.

We board quite quick and turn left woohoo
We get settled into our seats, not long after we have sat down they come round with champagne! Reece drinks it like it’s pop! I sip mine but do have a refill lol & so does Reece! I take a couple of pics and a video trying not to make it too obvious this is our first time lol & we got our traditional plane pic, with all 3 of us on this one

After we have taken off they come round with our meals, we have pre-booked these and me and Ste have the braised beef which we both enjoy I have wine with mine of course and I had ordered the fruit platter for Reece, it looked huge but as he got through it he realised there was a full apple in the middle!

I do ask the hostess if I can keep the salt & pepper and she laughs and asks if I have seen what it says on the bottom to which I reply yes I had but can I keep them anyway (well technically I wasn’t pinching them because I did ask & at least it wasn’t a cup or 3, more on that at the end of the holiday!) she smiled and nodded her head.
After our meals Reece puts his bed flat and settles down for a sleep after he has shown the gent next to me (who is American) how to do it, though he did wake up for his Fab lolly haha!

I watch Mary Poppins and Nutcracker, although I did wish the stewardesses would leave me alone to watch the films in peace, I know it’s part of the service but every 5-10mins keep coming asking if everything is ok and if I need anything, meaning I had to pause said film and pull off headphones to hear what they’re saying! I enjoyed these though think the original Mary is the best.
We all have scones with cream and jam for afternoon tea and I have another cheeky wine, I didn’t actually go and sit at the bar, mainly because there were a few there all the time (think a couple were out of PE and knew the stewardess!) I think they drank it dry! I’m surprised the got through security at Orlando!
There was also a couple with a little girl on who was so well behaved and a little cutey, though they had had to fly a day late because they hadn’t sorted the little girls Esta, a warning to others.
Before we know it we are passing over Kennedy space centre which the American pointed out to me which for once I was on the right side of the plane to see it & would have missed if he hadn’t shown me & then landing, now we enjoyed UC but don’t think it’s worth paying full price for it and doubt we would go UC again unless we get a bargain.
We get through security fairly quick, being one of the first off helps and by the time we get to the carousel our suitcases are there, in fact someone is taking the suitcases off as they come round and piling them up, much easier than trying to squish between people to drag it off the carousel! They ask if we have any food and we say only a squishy drink and they let us through (I had forgot about the chocolates Reece had brought with him for Ste for Fathers day!)
We get on the M.E but it’s actually a Disney Cruise bus boo & we’re on our way, dropping off at OKW & SSR(which are huge resorts!) first and then POFQ, oh it’s just as quaint & lovely as I remember all those years ago (2007) when the bus to TL did a pick up here & I said I would love to stay here and now finally we are.
We get checked in and get the exact room I requested, which is a corner room but it only has one window room 4311, right next to the stairs/lifts and most importantly for my wine the ice maching & when we get into our room there are some lovely gifts for me & Ste for our anniversary (although they spelt his name Stephan, in fact had a few problems with our names this holiday!) and Reece for his 21st there were also 2 pairs of slippers, don’t know if these were an extra bonus or if you get them anyway.

We unpack and then go down for a snack & to get our refillables & happily they have the new mugs, Me & Ste get the Mickey one (red & black) & Reece has Buzz, then we take our mugs back and go and find the bus stop (which you can just see the top of it from our room, that's how close it was) to get the bus to Epcot to go on Soarin, we got B1 yay no dangly feet or bendy Eiffel tower Again it’s a great start to our holiday, exhilirating after a long flight. We then go and get the bus to DS to pick up our gift card, luckily I ask a CM when I get into WOD where I pick it up because it’s all changed since last time we were there (don’t like it TBH it’s lost it’s charm!) and glad I did because it’s now a small kiosk all the way over the other side of the store! As soon as I have picked this up we head out and over for the boat back to POFQ (what a lovely perk this is)
once back home we share a large pizza ( I get a wine of course) & it’s showers and bed.
When we get back to POFQ I get a Whatsapp through telling me the heartbreaking news that our dear and lovely friend Nessa has passed! I had gone to see her the night before at Dr Kershaws and taken this picture of us all (Nessa is the one t the back, right behind me) so we were always with her, not realising it would be the last time I saw her!

Thanks for reading, I look forward to reading your comments

Edited at 06:19 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A good travel day, so sorry for the loss of your friend.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like a fabulous experience of first class, well apart from the over attentive flight attendant!

We were in building 4 at POFQ it was such a great location, really close to the food court. Well done on making it to a park on travel day, perhaps the relaxing first class experience meant you were more rested? We never make it to a park and just try and last as long as possible at the pool until it's a reasonable time to go to bed.

Such a shame to get the news about the loss of your friend.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

great start thanks for sharing sorry to hear about your friend ... interesting to read about upperclass x
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

How sad, sorry you lost your good friend 😞
Thank you for sharing your travel day x

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
A good travel day, so sorry for the loss of your friend.
Thanks, Nessa was such a lovely girl, she'd suffered with health problems for a long time but then she got cancer and it took her so quick, she also has a 21year old son with muscular dystrophy and didn't have a great marriage and then she had finally found her happily ever after too
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
It sounds like a fabulous experience of first class, well apart from the over attentive flight attendant!

We were in building 4 at POFQ it was such a great location, really close to the food court. Well done on making it to a park on travel day, perhaps the relaxing first class experience meant you were more rested? We never make it to a park and just try and last as long as possible at the pool until it's a reasonable time to go to bed.

Such a shame to get the news about the loss of your friend.
Think the over attentive stewardess was just part of the service, but I don't really know as it was our first time lol
Oh yea we didn't realise how close building 4 was using the other stairs until a few days into the holiday
We did Soarin the day we arrived last time, It's a lovely way to start the holiday & because of the tiering I like to make sure we get that one in as soon as possible
Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
great start thanks for sharing sorry to hear about your friend ... interesting to read about upperclass x
Thanks, we enjoyed UC but not enough to pay £1000s for it
Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
How sad, sorry you lost your good friend 😞
Thank you for sharing your travel day x
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Your travel day was lovely but such sad news to receive. I hope you had a fab time & I look forward to reading more 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
Your travel day was lovely but such sad news to receive. I hope you had a fab time & I look forward to reading more 🙂
We did thanks, though I did have moments during the holiday where I got a wave of sadness.