Notices

Old 13 Mar 11, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post

As we hadn't really explored Tomorrowland we decided to head there first.

And no sooner had we entered the area than we saw a familiar face! There was quite a long line and it was getting very hot but we had to meet him, so we waited.

After meeting Buzz (and yes the photopass photographers recognised us again today lol) we slowly worked our way around...and it didn't start so well.

They really wanted to do the carousel of progress so we headed there. I like it but I have fond memories...the others were no so impressed. It is dated but I like the nostalgia.

Next, despite my warnings, they went to Stitch's Great Escape...and hated it LOL I warned them but...

It did improve from there on in though. We rode Space Mountain again (fairly short line) and then went to Space Ranger Spin, which they both really liked (me too and I won LOL).

We also headed over to take in the Laughter Floor. While waiting to go in a lovely lady offered me her two fastpasses for Splash. Aparently her son didn't want to go on it anymore. SHe kept apologising for only having two but I was so grateful that she'd even offered us those. We really enjoyed the show itself and yes, I was picked upon before it started...luckily before and not as part of the show LOL.

Afterwards we decided to use the fastpasses and headed over to Splash. Naturally we stopped for a photo on the way past the castle.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 11, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post

While the others rode on splash (two fastpasses) I hung around the store again...but different cast this time. We did debate trying to ride on Big Thunder but there was a really long line, so we headed instead back towards the hub. We wanted to catch wishes and spectromagic and we were kinda hungry, so we thought this was the best plan.

Naturally we had time for a couple of photos as we were crossing the bridge.

We found a good sitting spot in front of the castle on the path around partners. Perfect location really except that it was getting REALLY hot by now and the pavement was toastie!

Jenni held our place while Andy and I went for food. We ended up in casey's corner and grabbed some fast food. I have to admit I got sadly excited at this point because I knew they did ketcup/tomato sauce but didn't know you could get vinegar and hot cheese. I was only eating fries (too hot) so I grabbed a pot of each of these things as well :laughing: I then sat down on the floor back at our spot dipping the fries into the variety of dips quite happily thank you :rotfl: It was very yummy.

While we were waiting (we had about hour and a half from sitting down to Spectro) we saw one of the park mousekeepers decorating with his water...gotta say I love this and it's the first time I've ever seen it. And he drew Pluto who is one of my faves!

It was really humid on this day so it was nice to sit down but we were drinking LOTS of water. As it got darker the castle starting changing colours and I couldn't resist trying to get each one.

Old 14 Mar 11, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

We did have a few moments of people trying to jump in last minute into a TINY gap where a neighbour group were sitting. They had been sitting there since we had and it was actually quite nice because about 30 of us, all who had been sat for a good hour, came together with a 'no that space is taken'. The gap was TINY and they would have been sitting in front of the group virtually under to rope...so we thought that was a little too sneaky and rude. Disney solidarity came through though LOL. We did let a little kid sit in another space though. It does amaze me that people think they have a right walk up 5 mins before showtime and literally sit on top of you rather than wait like the rest of us. Oh well. We had built a nice friendly atmosphere between the 30 of us *shrug*.

Finally, with THOUSANDS of us gathered, it was time for Spectromagic! Major photo time.

Edited at 07:11 PM.
Old 14 Mar 11, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Just a few more.

I like Spectomagic but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing the Electric Light Parade so I hope it's still there when I go in May.

And then it was time for the beautiful Wishes. I do love this but Graham (who I'm going with this year) LOVES it...it's his fave show.

Blurry Tinkerbell

Photo time again

Old 14 Mar 11, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

After Wishes we headed out of the park. We weren't in a hurry though so we kinda hung around for a moment to avoid the madness. The colours on the castle were changing again so, yep, I took more photos.

This was our last night so we took our time and did some last minute shopping. Walking through the stores is less crowded anyway...at least that's our excuse ;-)

I love this.

I did attempt to take a photo of the ferries as we were walking to the bus but they didn't come out that well.

We did get the sign though :-)

As it was our last night we decided to pack now so we didn't have to get up early in the morning. We were also worried about weight etc. When I went to Cali in 2009 you could have two cases at 23kg each. Now it's one! Do they not realise I have to shop in Disney?

The plush were the last things to be packed (no squishing) so they supervised.

I suddenly remembered the new refurb room so I thought I should take a photo of the flatscreen tv.

And finally of my bed and VERY full case (it weighed 22.5kg LOL).

Then it was bed time cause we had about 5 hours before we had to get up.
Old 14 Mar 11, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Tuesday 4th May

Our last morning and I was up and ready before the others even stirred. So while they were getting ready I headed down to the desk to check out. I figured if I waited in the lobby they'd find me ok...I was wrong LOL They entered on a different side and tried to check out again...causing the cm at the desk a lot of confusion LOL.

While I was waiting a lovely lady came up to me and said 'Do you know you're famous?' Me (half asleep) went 'excuse me?' lol Apparently she was a forum user and had read my previous trippie. She asked me how this trip was going and if I was going to write it up. I really was half asleep and in a world of my own so I'm sorry to say that I wasn't chatty enough to get the lady's name (very unlike me) so if you're reading this PLEASE say hello and I'm sorry. You kinda made my day :-)

The others did eventually find me...or rather I found them, so we headed to Magic Kingdom for breakfast at CRT. We had to wait for AGES...not sure what was going on cause I've never had to wait that long before but while we were waiting we did meet Cinderella.

And I took a couple of photos of the Walt (and co) family arms:

And the Gus & Jacques

Then we were eventually show up to our table. We had a nice table in the middle and our server was lovely. We each got a wishing star, Andy got a sword and Jenni and I were given wands. Jenni pouted slightly because she wanted a sword instead so the server, laughing, gave her a sword too. She did offer the wand back but they told her to keep it.

Breakfast was yum and we were hungry but we did stop long enough to say hi to the ladies (you can see in my eyes how tired I was).

And finally we met the elusive Princess

Edited at 07:46 PM.
Old 14 Mar 11, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post

As we walked out of the castle we bumped into another friendly face :-)

She's great and had a good chat with us.

It was getting late by now for us (partly because we had to wait for CRT) - we had to leave at lunchtime as we had an afternoon flight. There wasn't a ride that we were all desperate to do again so Andy and Jenni said they'd rather get the last autograph in the book (only one missing that we could get) and we headed instead towards Liberty Square and Fronteirland in search of Woody.

We had to wait for about twenty minutes and it was sooooooooooooooo hot (about 96 degrees and 90% humidity) so we did kinda melt while waiting but finally he came out and he was joined by the awesome Jessie!

Yet again we went through the whole 'Andy' thing and they loved it but had to check it wasn't the actual Andy again.

Then we finally got a group shot.

From here we said a sad farewell to Disney *sob* and headed back to the hotel. We weighed our bags here and wandered around Everything Pop once more while waiting for the Magical Express. We also grabbed some food cause you can never trust airplane food.

Then we got the bus to the airport. Going through security I got talking to a lovely group of kids/teens from Texas who had been playing in the band at Disney that week. They seemed to have had a great time too.

While we were waiting for boarding we (natuarally) wandered around the airport shops and found this.

WWOHP wasn't open so we hadn't been but I'm looking forward to going on the trip this year.

Then it was home time (via Philly). We had horrid turbulance on the first flight, which didn't end the trip well for me as I HATE it but we all made it home safe and sound.

So what did I do before I'd even unpacked? I started planning the next trip of course!

And that's it...2010 all wrapped up. I hope you enjoyed the trip rep and thanks for coming along for the ride.

I'm off to update this year's pretrippie!
Old 10 Apr 11, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
miss lumpy
Excited about Disney

THANKS

For a GREAT trip report

found this post earlier today & have been sat here all evening reading

all 14 pages

its been so addictive & enjoyable but my legs are stiff

we too are going similar dates to you so if I see you I will say

HI

Enjoy your upcoming holiday & I will look out for that trip report too

Old 11 Apr 11, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by miss lumpy View Post
THANKS

For a GREAT trip report

found this post earlier today & have been sat here all evening reading

all 14 pages

its been so addictive & enjoyable but my legs are stiff

we too are going similar dates to you so if I see you I will say

HI

Enjoy your upcoming holiday & I will look out for that trip report too

Aww thank you, that's very sweet of you to say. LOL I'm sorry your legs are stiff though

PLEASE say hi if you see me, I like meeting fellow disney fans. I've kinda got carried away with stuff for the new trip as is evident in my last post on the pretrippie But it should all be fun.

Have a great time and I hope I see you there!