Old 10 Oct 14, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JRB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
You must be getting so excited, but is it for DLP or for Primark
Depends whether you ask me or my DD
London & DLP November 2014 - pre-trip report
JRB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kblackman
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks hun, i will be putting lots of pics on here i have just realised that my DIBB 30 days is on Weds which i have off work so alarm is set already for 6 lol!

thats amazing well done you! xxx

December 2020- Our First trip to Disneyland Paris
November 2018- Archies First Trip to Disneyworld
November 2014- Our Magical Wedding and Disneymoon
kblackman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 14, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

With Maurice's new found excitement I am sure you need to arrange a phone call from Mickey! (It is wdwmickeycall.co.uk if you do not already have the link)

Hope your mum's treatment was ok this week and good news about the fastpass progress.

it really isn't long for our trips now...eeek! XX
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JRB View Post
Depends whether you ask me or my DD
Haha I am sure it is all Disney excitement

Originally Posted by kblackman View Post
Thanks hun, i will be putting lots of pics on here i have just realised that my DIBB 30 days is on Weds which i have off work so alarm is set already for 6 lol!

thats amazing well done you! xxx
Oh first big early wake up, I have a 5am start for every day this week. But going to attempt to make the most of it and head to the gym at 6am!

Got more exciting fastpasses news so need to do an update later today. Xxx

Originally Posted by CuriousAlice View Post
With Maurice's new found excitement I am sure you need to arrange a phone call from Mickey! (It is wdwmickeycall.co.uk if you do not already have the link)

Hope your mum's treatment was ok this week and good news about the fastpass progress.

it really isn't long for our trips now...eeek! XX
Oh yes I totally need to get one of those planned, thinking I might do it the day before we fly out so we will both be in the house

Your days are flying in you must be getting so excited, have you started packing yet?

Xx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Update 22: There is a 4am...

Hi Guys ,

Since it has been a good 3 weeks since I updated my pre trippy I wanted to make sure I got on today to give you all a new update especially since we have now passed the 30day fast pass milestone.

So what have we been up to over the last 3 weeks I hear you ask (ok fine you don’t care but it will bulk it out a bit since I haven’t done much holiday stuff!).

Well we had another wedding, this time all the way down south in a village near Kettering. So with days booked off work we flew from Edinburgh to Birmingham on the Thursday morning for the Friday wedding. This was a wedding on Maurice’s side so we met up with all his family down there. It was a lovely day and they got some fab weather for it.

It was a lot less stressful this time and I found a lovely hairdresser and beauty salon to do my hair and make up so no orange face disaster this time. Although weirdly I still ended up without a wrist corsage as despite me emailing and asking specifically for a wrist corsage they just decided to make me a regular brooch one (which wouldn’t really work on my dress). I think it is an obvious sign that me and wrist corsages are not meant to be.

Here is a cheeky wedding pic for you, its slightly off center and has a lot of background in it, so remind me never to let Maurice brother take a photo of us ever again !

So holiday things!

Well we finally ticked over into the 30 day mark while at the wedding, so when I came home I was super excited as it meant I got to break out these bad boys !

(sitting wearing them right now!)

CuriousAlice I believe it was you that came up with the genius idea of using these to start my 30 day countdown. So as you can see I am loving it.

It also meant when I went back in to work on the Monday I got to put this up:

So loving my desk at the moment (that was actually the 3rd picture I took because in the first 2 I realised there was highly confidential stuff in the other shots, clearly I get carried away with Disney ! ).

Now I know none of that is relevant to holidays but I just had to share because it has been making these days fly in, putting my slippers on and marking off my work countdown.

The first Monday and Tuesday back from the Wedding I had the alarm all set for 4:50 to do the big fastpass selections. Since we are offsite I have to do one day at a time so this is what I got:

5th of November @ Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain 10-11am
Splash Mountain 11-12
Enchanted Tales with Belle 8pm-9pm

6th of November @ Epcot
Soarin 9-10am
Spaceship Earth 10-11am
The Seas with Nemo & friends 11-12

So not great but would do.

On the 5th we are only planning on the morning in the park after our CP breakfast. But we are then back after dinner for the Dessert party so getting an evening fastpass worked out rather well. What worked out even better was on Friday afternoon I popped online just to see what was available and there was a 7DMT in place of Enchanted Tales, so Belle got dumped and I snapped that baby right up. Meaning our first day now looks like this:

5th of November @ Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain 10-11am
Splash Mountain 11-12
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 8pm-9pm

I am pretty pleased with that and it means I can stop stressing about getting a 7DMT. Our Epcot day was as best as we could get with the tier system they have there. Neither of us are big coaster people so the Mission Space ride worries me a tad , but I might see if we can brave it later in the holiday.

As you will all have noticed there is no Anna and Elsa, although when I got 7DMT I went to check my other fastpasses and up popped an A&E only I for some daft reason instead of selecting the fastpass, selected close and obviously by the time I went back in it was gone.

However, last night I thought I would have a play about with dates and decided to check the 9th of November. Now this is a Sunday and it is our dedicated Mall shopping day with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. But when I looked at the App there was a 9pm A&E Fastpass, well Dibbers you can’t ignore that. So I booked it and it gave me a couple of random ones to go with (not sure what they are but don’t really care as all that mattered was A&E). I am hoping Maurice will be up for a late night visit to MK to see A&E then maybe watch the fireworks, but I will keep checking for days we are actually at Disney because I know this could prove tricky to get him there. Also since we only have a 9 day pass (that may have been a stupid decision) I need to be careful with how many days we go in to the parks. Also the slight issue with the 9pm fastpass is that the next day we are moving to Portofino Bay at 7am!

But at the moment I am just delighted I have fastpasses for those two and I can officially stick these pages into my autograph book:

On the shopping front I have been pretty good and I think we have everything we will need. All the holiday clothes are now inside one of the suitcases we are taking with us and I have got all the Christmas present organized as well. I just need to wrap everything and pack properly. I did however pick this up today when I was out Christmas shopping:

So that is it, this week I have the remainder of my fastpasses to book so lots of early starts and I figure since I am up early I am going to try and do some 6:30am gym sessions, wish me luck.

One last thing that I am sure you will all appreciate. Maurice decided to have some apple pie with a cup of tea after dinner one night last week (he has a weird thing for Mr Kipling individual Apple Pies) so I said I would like one to, well Dibbers this is what he handed me:

Can you see it? He genuinely had no clue what he had done or what I was getting so excited about, or for that matter what I was taking pictures of an apple pie! Do we think it is getting planted in his mind, or maybe you can’t see it either and I am going totally crazy.

Thank you again for all the lovely comments regarding my Mum, she is not coping well with the Chemo and they have had to delay her next session. But she is off on Monday to see the surgeon and he will decide if the two chemo sessions she has had have been enough to shrink the lump and let him just do surgery now and stop the chemo and finish it with Radiotherapy. If they haven’t and she needs to continue with the chemo then they need to put a special line directly into her heart to give her the future chemo sessions. As unfortunately all her veins on the left hand side are starting to shut down and they can not get anything into her in the normal drip way. So hopefully the surgeon is happy and she can progress to surgery I know neither are great options but it has to be one or the other.

Anyway thank you to everyone that has been reading along, commenting and even the folk that have been reading along and don’t comment (Hi ) thank you to you as well.

See ya real soon
Gemma xxxxx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

fab pre-trippy! Hope you have an amazing time over
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

I love that Maurice made you a hidden Mickey! Sorry to hear about your mum, sending pixie dust hun xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

Yey for the slippers! Bet it didn't feel quite so bad getting out of bed to slip those little tootsie warmers on. You have secured some good fastpasses there. Dont worry about space mountain... I have to force myself to do coasters but that one is one my favourites. Once you get over the darkness, it is pretty cool and doesn't go upside down or anything.

I am doing tbe Osborne lights at HS when you are meeting those Norwegian ladies. We haven't got a pass to meet them despite staying onsite half of the holiday but I did get the mine train. It looks a tamer version of thunder mountain but I used to have the dwarves on my wall when very young so it is a must.

Glad you enjoyed another wedding. We have friends near Kettering and its such a lovely part of the UK(and much warmer than here in the north east).

Your poor mum is having a right time of it. Fingers crossed her treatments have already done their job and they can get on with her surgery. Mine had an extra high dose of radio after surgery and it was tough for her but worth it in the end. Sending love to you all as it is an awful thing.

Your desk looks fab and well done with the subliminal Mickey messages you have obviously been giving Maurice. Is he humming Let it Go without realising too? You are like his Disney Obi Wan Kanobi!

I have resisted getting the cases down until next weekend but by then I think it will start to feel real. At the moment I am at that frantic stage of trying to get things done at work before I can wind down and get the Mickey ears on.

Thanks for the update, I am really going to miss these but expect a great trip report will follow your adventures. Have a good week xx
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Oh that Apple pie I think you have managed to force Mickey into Maurice's sub-conscious. You have done well

Love the slippers and so pleased you managed to get FPs for both 7DMT and A&E. Just shows you need to keep checking.

Hope your Mum gets some good news tomorrow x

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 14, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Awww... I love that pic of you at the wedding! Your hair is gorgeous! I would love to be able to grow my hair that long!

Very jealous of your desk! And I love the Hidden Mickey Pudding!

Not long now Hun... Are countdowns are flying out of control! In a good way! 😉
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List