Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jul 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great travel day. The view from your room is stunning.
Lovely evening you had at Epcot.
Looking forward to reading more.
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Robin Sparkles
Helping Minnie

Great travel day! Hotel looks amazing!

I love the orange chicken, can't believe it's the first time you've eaten at the China pavilion. Thanks for the podcast recommendation, will add it to my list (of many Disney podcasts! )
Nov2007-All Star Movies,Feb2009-All Star Music,Oct2009- Coronado Springs, Sept2010-Pop Century, Oct2011-Quality Inn Suites & Caribbean Beach,Sept2012-All Star Sports,May2014 Saratoga Springs,May2016 Saratoga Springs Oct2023 Davenport Villa
Robin Sparkles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We always bypass China for food - but that looks lovely for a QS!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by florida mad View Post
Perfect travel day, and a perfect view from your room. Must have been great to just stroll on in to Epcot, a brilliant day. Look forward to reading more x
It was so lovely to be able to do that! Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by voddygirl View Post
Ahh brings back memories its a fab hotel
Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by suziwong_96 View Post
Hotel looks fab, nice to have a change! I canne believe you washed you hair at 2am! lol x
Hahaha needs must Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good travel day great view from your hotel room, well done on spending your first evening in Epcot

Joan
Thanks Joan Had to be done, we were so close x

Originally Posted by Helen0705 View Post
Great travel day. The view from your room is stunning.
Lovely evening you had at Epcot.
Looking forward to reading more.
It was the best view Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by Robin Sparkles View Post
Great travel day! Hotel looks amazing!

I love the orange chicken, can't believe it's the first time you've eaten at the China pavilion. Thanks for the podcast recommendation, will add it to my list (of many Disney podcasts! )
I know, where have I been?!

Ahhh hope you enjoy and thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
We always bypass China for food - but that looks lovely for a QS!
It was so tasty! Thanks for reading x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Ohh my goodness, the lost hoody gave me palpitations. I'm glad it was located in good time!

Yes to those weird aggressive taps in the loo, they had them in Palma airport as well - world's worst airport - and it took me a while to suss it out.

Yayy to the snack chair. The risk paid off! Food looks good too, I was definitely very impressed with the BA grub. No rude passengers scoffing cheese rolls this time either then?

45 mins in immigration? THE DREAM. I think Uber was great as well in terms of getting you to the hotel quickly. We always get the bus on account of it being free and Andy refusing to pay, but it can take an age to get going.

That is an amazing view from the room. I miss it! So great to be able to walk to Epcot. We liked the food in China as well - it's good quality and a really under-rated little quick service. You can keep your cheesecake though!

Do they still do the "fiestaaaaaaah!" thing at the margarita stand?

Can't believe you made it through Illuminations and to 10pm - super work. Going in on the next day now!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Ohh my goodness, the lost hoody gave me palpitations. I'm glad it was located in good time!

Yes to those weird aggressive taps in the loo, they had them in Palma airport as well - world's worst airport - and it took me a while to suss it out.

Yayy to the snack chair. The risk paid off! Food looks good too, I was definitely very impressed with the BA grub. No rude passengers scoffing cheese rolls this time either then?

45 mins in immigration? THE DREAM. I think Uber was great as well in terms of getting you to the hotel quickly. We always get the bus on account of it being free and Andy refusing to pay, but it can take an age to get going.

That is an amazing view from the room. I miss it! So great to be able to walk to Epcot. We liked the food in China as well - it's good quality and a really under-rated little quick service. You can keep your cheesecake though!

Do they still do the "fiestaaaaaaah!" thing at the margarita stand?

Can't believe you made it through Illuminations and to 10pm - super work. Going in on the next day now!
Those taps are far too futuristic!

Haha no cheesy gypes this time, hurrah

Yeah, it felt really quick getting out of the airport this time!

Oh I know, I miss it tooooooooooo

Hmm he never said and i didnt notice, so i'm guessing not! Haha!

Thanks. We didn't actually feel that tired, think the adrenaline got us through! xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
A great travel day. We have booked the My Lounge for this year, first time trying an airport lounge so nothing to compare it to.

The hotel and room are beautiful and your view was amazing. One day I will stay at one of those Boardwalk area hotels to be able to do that walk.

Lovely evening in Epcot, the orange chicken at Lotus Blossom Cafe is on my list of things to try.

Looking forward to the next day x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
A great travel day. We have booked the My Lounge for this year, first time trying an airport lounge so nothing to compare it to.

The hotel and room are beautiful and your view was amazing. One day I will stay at one of those Boardwalk area hotels to be able to do that walk.

Lovely evening in Epcot, the orange chicken at Lotus Blossom Cafe is on my list of things to try.

Looking forward to the next day x
I think we just had an off day, heard lots of good things. And always better than being in an uncomfy airport chair, right?

Thank you, we loved staying there!

Thanks for reading x
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

👋 I’ve just stumbled across your report and am looking forward to reading the rest. Lovely pictures (love the duck), the hotel looks lovely and the portion size at lotus blossom seem very generous!
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
👋 I’ve just stumbled across your report and am looking forward to reading the rest. Lovely pictures (love the duck), the hotel looks lovely and the portion size at lotus blossom seem very generous!
Ah thank you

Yes, it was far too much food!