Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Jun 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 11

Thursday 16th May

As mentioned in yesterday's report - I have a really bad sleep, thanks to a combination of sunburn and sore muscles especially in my shoulders. It's such a shame as I've been sleeping so well here, so I feel a bit tired getting up this morning.

We do manage to have a bit of a lie in again though. We are off to Islands of Adventure today and decide to head across around mid-morning, to allow us a bit of a slow start at the hotel.

We grab breakfast, book an Uber and by the time we arrive at the park it's probably around 10.30.

We can tell already that it's much busier than Universal Studios a few days ago, and there are a lot of school trips out.

We start off with Storm Force Accelatron, but decide to skip the 60 minute queue for Spiderman... We head to Popeye's Bilge Rat Barges. Oh, my! A fun ride - but I literally may as well have jumped in a swimming pool fully clothed. It takes me hours to fully dry off, and that's in the Florida heat... to say we are soaked is somewhat of an understatement, and I really wish I had thought ahead and brought a towel or a change of clothes!

We decide to queue for the Kong ride - unfortunately it breaks down a couple of times so we end up waiting in line for well over an hour. Not fun! The ride is good though, if we forget about the long line.

We head to the Harry Potter/Hogsmeade area. As I think I mentioned in our Universal report, we both like Harry Potter but aren't crazy about it - so we like it, but we aren't blown away. We queue up for Flight of the Hippogriff which is a cute, fun ride (super short though and not worth waiting a long time for at all). And then we wait A VERY LONG TIME (not sure how long exactly) for Forbidden Journey, but it's excellent - definitely the best ride of the day.

We also try Butterbeer - yuck!

By this point, we have spent a lot of the day queuing and haven't felt particularly blown away by any of the attractions, so we decide to start heading out. As we are passing and it strikes DH's interest, we decide to do Poseidon's Fury... which is fine... but my feet are literally killing and I'm just kind of done at this point.

We go for an early dinner at Hard Rock Cafe where we have delicious milkshakes, and the obvious burgers and fries. I enjoy it - though almost feel too tired to eat! The heat and the queues have really wiped me out today. Overall we enjoyed Islands of Adventure but the busyness was quite a lot to handle, and none of the attractions were really that amazing for us (other than Forbidden Journey). The meal costs $61 before a tip.

We Uber back to the hotel, apply copious amounts of aftersun, and just crash out in the room, enjoying a very chilled night. I head out for a walk to the hotel gift shop and stop off at the food court for snacks to take back to the room (a Nutella cupcake and a choc chip cookie) and we just laze around in front of the TV to be honest. Slowing down and just resting when we need/want to is definitely the way forward.

We are off to Animal Kingdom again tomorrow - really looking forward to riding Flight of Passage, and Everest again. We also have a Fastpass for Kali River Rapids, so I make a mental note to pack a towel... before crashing out and falling asleep.

Edited at 10:59 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I refuse to do the Popeye ride now as I find it really uncomfortable being so wet.
The food at Hard Rock looks good