Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Apr 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

How low will the dollar have to go before you decide not to go?

I see that the exchange rate at M&S is now 1.25 which IMO is pretty bad.

How low will it have to go before you decide not to book a trip to the USA.

I think for me it’s about 1.20
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’m nearly there. We are committed to this trip but I don’t see another in our future for some time. It’s not just the exchange rate. It’s flight prices / Disney policies changing. Plus our kids are older and I’m ready to see more of the world.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’m nearly there. We are committed to this trip but I don’t see another in our future for some time. It’s not just the exchange rate. It’s flight prices / Disney policies changing. Plus our kids are older and I’m ready to see more of the world.
SNAP! same for us
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

With ddp (25/4), only at disney, tickets to be purchased as part of package, and using transportation with flight booked...i would worry at about 1 : 1

Disney332
Old 11 Apr 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Hoping it doesn't go below $1.20 as I want to go to see more of America. This will probably be my last Orlando trip for a long while.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

These are my feelings in a nut shell. Its just seems to be less for more every year. I said after this upcoming trip just once more to see Star Wars land but I will settle for just seeing half of it this year instead.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Exactly this, plus the ever increasing crowds/hassle with FP etc etc etc we are going to far east this year & after watching race across the world tempted to go next year as well
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Now we have to pay parking and massive reduction in emh s in lieu of hard ticket events...
First trip in 6yrs and prob last for another 6.
Btw 1st trip without kids so going to be v different.
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I think wherever you travel the exchange rate has been affected, it's not just the US. I won't let it stop me, we go where we want when we want. If we get a good exchange rate it's a bonus if we don't then we don't. Just one of those things and it will improve again, it's just when that is the question.
Old 11 Apr 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We havent been since Oct 2014, and until the rate goes up a fair bit then I will just get my shopping addiction in the outlets in Italy. I do miss not going to the USA, but have enjoyed getting to other place. So for us it has already reached the point where I wouldnt go xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List