Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile Tampa Flights Advice

I always fly with Virgin direct from Manchester to Orlando. Next trip (July 2020) we would ideally like to land in Tampa, spend two nights at a Busch Gardens convenient hotel then drive to Disney and dump the car and use MDE back to the airport with our return flight leaving from Orlando. Can anyone advise me of the best way to do this. Do I have to fly from London to go to Tampa and does this lumber me with the costs of two single trip flight tickets? Thanks in advance.
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We flew MAN to TPA in August with AA but had to fly indirect there wasnt an option to fly direct from MAN

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

You can play about on the British Airways website with Customise Your Trip so you could go into Tampa and return from Orlando. It would be indirect though from Manchester with BA to Tampa. The direct options as you say are from London.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just put Man - TPA in a search engine (like expedia) and it will give you lots of options.

TPA has dirct flights from London, Zurich, Frankfurt , Iceland and Amsterdam (Starting soon), so it might be via on of these or via a US point, such as PHL or New York
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Mickey's Magic View Post
We flew MAN to TPA in August with AA but had to fly indirect there wasnt an option to fly direct from MAN
Just to add to that... we changed at Chicago on the way out and Philly on the way back. We've always flown direct before and didn't particularly enjoy the indirect experience!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks all. Looks like driving there are paying for an additional hotel room for one night might be less hassle TBH. I’m not going to fly indirect easily!
Old 23 Apr 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

We have used Tampa a few times in past. Have gone from both Man and LHR with BA (direct), United (indirect) and this summer Virgin/Delta (indirect). Prefer Tampa to Orlando esp arriving domestic.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Pity I don’t want to do it this July. Google Flights showing Lon to Tampa both ways direct with BA £335 cheaper than average!
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Burny Sizz
slightly serious Dibber

We tend to fly a lot man to tpa and use either Boston or Atlanta as the indirect airport preferably Boston due to size of the airport. Unless you land into tampa and back out of orlando it would mean having to return to tampa for the return flight. The only direct flight into tampa I’m aware of is ba via lgw I’m sure Norwegian is or is due to also fly there?
Burny Sizz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Burny Sizz
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Thanks all. Looks like driving there are paying for an additional hotel room for one night might be less hassle TBH. I’m not going to fly indirect easily!
When we got married we drove from mco to Clearwater wasn’t too bad tbh about 1hr30 to 1hr45
Burny Sizz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List