Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Zobert
Trying for More Ears

How wet is august

We fly 10th August for 20 nights heard some horror stories of 2 weeks of solid rain. We have been 5 times before at Easter (husbands 40th this time so moved to nearer that date) curious as to how bad the rain is going to be. Any top tips for days when it’s throwing it down we have two boys 6 and 10. Also how bad are the crowds we’ve noticed over the years it’s gotten progressively worse at Easter.
Thanks in advance
Zo

Edited at 07:58 AM.
Zobert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Storms must afternoons but it soon dries up as though nothing has happened! Expect an hours disruption to your afternoon then carry on as before. Some days it doesn't rain at all.

We go in August and love it - don't be put off. Not long to go now!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We did late July into August in 2015 and had some days where we had torrential rain all day. It was very hot and humid so be prepared.
This year we have gone back to an October holiday.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Zobert
Trying for More Ears

Thank you! We don’t mind a bit of rain just was dreading whole days of it. I’ve got the ponchos ready to pack
We are bound by school holidays would love to do October if not
Zobert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. It's so difficult to predict August weather. We have been going in that Month since 1998. Before that we used to do May.

We anticipate getting a storm every afternoon and if it doesn't appear it's a bonus.

We have been hit with a Hurricane in August (Charley) plus others but they were in September

One year we saw the children off at Orlando and then had 2 weeks to ourselves. That first week it rained solid for 5 days! So much so it wasn't worth leaving the room.

People say put your poncho on and go for it. Well the idea of walking in 3" deep water doesn't appeal to me!

You pay your money and take your chance sadly.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Zobert
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Yes don’t mind as it was a reasonable price for the time etc. We are of the camp will stick our sandals on and go out in the rain lol we’ve had quite a hard year so need an escape. I’m trying to organise my fast passes ready to book next week but the unpredictable weather makes it more complicated. We’ve had a few rough days when went in April just hoping it doesn’t rain for the whole 20 days.x
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

You can’t say how wet it will be as it varies too much each year - I have been three times in August and only on my last visit in 2015 did the rain spoil things . First two visits hardly had any rain but for our first visit at Easter our first week was awful for rain . Sadly it’s just too unpredictable to be certain . I am hoping for a relatively rain free trip this year!
Old 14 Jul 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Zobert
Trying for More Ears

Just found this which goes with the afternoon showers as long as we get some sun I don’t mind

m.accuweather/en/us/orla...onyr=8/01/2019
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. It's so difficult to predict August weather. We have been going in that Month since 1998. Before that we used to do May.

We anticipate getting a storm every afternoon and if it doesn't appear it's a bonus.

We have been hit with a Hurricane in August (Charley) plus others but they were in September

One year we saw the children off at Orlando and then had 2 weeks to ourselves. That first week it rained solid for 5 days! So much so it wasn't worth leaving the room.

People say put your poncho on and go for it. Well the idea of walking in 3" deep water doesn't appeal to me!

You pay your money and take your chance sadly.
Oh was that 2011?
I remember watching the mobile homes near liberty village being washed away!

We go every summer...
August has always been hitty missy.. take your rain jackets, you will need them.
You find sometimes after the rain the parks are quite, so it can be good to just walk on rides.
Always a silver lining!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

We go every August. A couple of years ago yes it rained a lot even during the day and it did ruin those days. Last year it rained every single evening apart from one. Sometimes it is just say a heavy 30 minutes then it clears but it can also be the whole evening as well.