Notices

Old 7 Apr 13, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by DizneyBlonde View Post
My DD picked some of those up a few weeks ago too!

What were you doing mooching in Claire's Neil?
My DD was with me honest
The only thing I can say about them is that they come off easily so going to see if i can get some strong glue?
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 13, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Katie (and Neil!)

Oh my gosh, I'm still lolling at Neil Armstrong! You kept that one quiet Neil, except that now explains your Avatar name!

Katie, just to explain that I've been chatting on here with Neil for the last couple of years, so it's lovely to finally get to see his beautiful family (regardless of what he says, they clearly take after their mother! ) and hear about your plans for your upcoming trip next year.

We have an Amelia as well, except she's the youngest and far more in character by the sounds of it to Imogen! (younger sisters eh?!) Isabel is our eldest (and sounds very similar to your Amelia) and will also be starting secondary school this year, so I sympathise with you about the whole school holidays scenario - we're venturing back to Florida this August, whereas our previous visits have been in the far quieter periods of May/October, but as I said to Neil, it's either go then or don't go at all, and I know which I'd prefer - I'm sure we'll all be fine!

Anyway, your plans sound fab, it's great that you've got your villa booked already (we really struggled getting booked for this August, having only decided a few weeks ago that we'd definitely be returning at that time! ) but I can sympathise with you when it comes to flight prices - that wasn't pretty!

Anyway, great to see you doing a pre-trippy, I shall be sure to check back to keep up-to-date with your plans!

Kate xx

P.S. Just watched the Raglan Road video - too cute for words - bet you were one very proud Mummy and Dadddy that evening!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 13, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

those nails WOW ! I am a great lover of Disney nails and proudly sported some Minnie nails on my last trip so I think I might have to buy these and out them away for my trip !

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 13, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi. We're going at the same time as you and I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to DIY rather than buy a package. (Yes, I would be the idiot who forgot to book a vital element like the accommodation)

Those pictures of your girls dancing are amazing btw: as I'm nudging 40 all I can think is that if I jumped around like that (at my age *cough*) I'd break both my ankles and probably my knees too on the way back down.
eleele is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 13, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hey, lovely to hear your plans for 2014! Loving the pre trippie name, I did have a little giggle about the immigration officer showing the other IO’s your DH’s passport!

I also had a little smile at your DD Amelia falling in love with fake nails on your last trip! It bought back memories of being about 12 and spending loads of my dollars in Walgreen’s on fake nails hehe.

How exciting to have the villa booked already, nothing like planning ahead! Loving all your plans, glad to see you’ll be making a return to Ragan Road! Reading this reminded me that someone posted a video of their DD’s dancing at Raglan Road on my TR last year so I checked and sure enough it was you! Your girls are brilliant dancers! (Just seen it posted below as well hehe)

Can’t wait to read more as you start to get things booked! The pictures from 2011 are lovely! I especially love the one of your children meeting Father Christmas!

P.S Those Minnie Mouse fake nails are amazing!

*Link to my Trip Reports*
xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 13, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by xAimeex View Post
Hey, lovely to hear your plans for 2014! Loving the pre trippie name, I did have a little giggle about the immigration officer showing the other IO’s your DH’s passport!

I also had a little smile at your DD Amelia falling in love with fake nails on your last trip! It bought back memories of being about 12 and spending loads of my dollars in Walgreen’s on fake nails hehe.

How exciting to have the villa booked already, nothing like planning ahead! Loving all your plans, glad to see you’ll be making a return to Ragan Road! Reading this reminded me that someone posted a video of their DD’s dancing at Raglan Road on my TR last year so I checked and sure enough it was you! Your girls are brilliant dancers! (Just seen it posted below as well hehe)

Can’t wait to read more as you start to get things booked! The pictures from 2011 are lovely! I especially love the one of your children meeting Father Christmas!

P.S Those Minnie Mouse fake nails are amazing!

Thanks Aimee

Look forward to reading your trip report! Yes she really did go Nail mad whilst we are away and hasn't really come out of it. Will definitely be visiting Raglan Road, don't think the girls would let us leave Florida without going there.

Happy planning!

Katie

Edited at 08:41 AM.
gingermoonman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 13, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by isabel View Post
Hi Katie (and Neil!)

Oh my gosh, I'm still lolling at Neil Armstrong! You kept that one quiet Neil, except that now explains your Avatar name!

Katie, just to explain that I've been chatting on here with Neil for the last couple of years, so it's lovely to finally get to see his beautiful family (regardless of what he says, they clearly take after their mother! ) and hear about your plans for your upcoming trip next year.

We have an Amelia as well, except she's the youngest and far more in character by the sounds of it to Imogen! (younger sisters eh?!) Isabel is our eldest (and sounds very similar to your Amelia) and will also be starting secondary school this year, so I sympathise with you about the whole school holidays scenario - we're venturing back to Florida this August, whereas our previous visits have been in the far quieter periods of May/October, but as I said to Neil, it's either go then or don't go at all, and I know which I'd prefer - I'm sure we'll all be fine!

Anyway, your plans sound fab, it's great that you've got your villa booked already (we really struggled getting booked for this August, having only decided a few weeks ago that we'd definitely be returning at that time! ) but I can sympathise with you when it comes to flight prices - that wasn't pretty!

Anyway, great to see you doing a pre-trippy, I shall be sure to check back to keep up-to-date with your plans!

Kate xx

P.S. Just watched the Raglan Road video - too cute for words - bet you were one very proud Mummy and Dadddy that evening!
Ah thank you Kate. I must confess to being a lurker and have read your trip reports with matching enthusiasm as Neil! We are totally borrowing your reveal idea with the sweetie jar etc! Their reveal will be at Christmas though so still ages away.

I love your honesty in your trip reports and many a time, Neil and I have both said "they sound so much like us" or "that would happen to us".

We look forward to hearing more about your trip from last year - no pressure and of your plans for this year. You lucky devils!

May bump into you on one of your shopping trips to Bluewater - we are only in Kent Bluewater our nearest Disney store too .

Take care.

Katie x

PS sorry for delay in replying!

Edited at 08:43 AM.
Old 15 Apr 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gingermoonman
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Hi. We're going at the same time as you and I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to DIY rather than buy a package. (Yes, I would be the idiot who forgot to book a vital element like the accommodation)

Those pictures of your girls dancing are amazing btw: as I'm nudging 40 all I can think is that if I jumped around like that (at my age *cough*) I'd break both my ankles and probably my knees too on the way back down.
We did DIY for 2011 and it really is fairly painless! Bit of a worry re: flights but that is more getting the right price. Go for it! We booked the villa as Neil was very particular where he wanted to go and am sure we will get flights in some way

Ah thank you, I taught them all they know haha! Mind you if I leap off the floor like that I would probably knock myself out or end up with two black eyes.

Happy planning!

Katie

Edited at 08:43 AM.
Old 15 Apr 13, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Hi Katie , Great pre-trippie and a lovely introduction to your family. Lovely photo's and especially of the girls dancing, how talented!

You certainly sound very organised and know what you want to do. That's the beauty of a second trip, isn't it? Just a quick question, we have a TomTom, from where did you download the US maps and how much did they cost? Thanks.

Flights are a minefield arn't they, i have read other dibbers have got good prices flying indirect with the likes are Delta in peak season. Something i may have to start thinking about doing in the future to keep costs down, so will be interested to hear how you get on.

I will keep popping back to see how your getting on, how exciting Time will fly by with the help of the dibb, so for now i wish you happy planning! x

P.S We're just the other side of the tunnel, so it's Lakeside and Bluewater for us too x
Old 16 Apr 13, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Hi there Katie, thank you for sharing your plans for your 2014 adventure. Love the video of your girls up on stage you must be so proud of them.

I must admit i laughed with hubby about the immigration offices and the passport

Looking forward to more updates, take care xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List