Notices

Old 11 Apr 13, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by anniebee65 View Post
I'm in! We're just back with a return date of May 2015 <wails> I can't even bring myself to change my countdown yet.

You're pre-trippy will keep me going!
Welcome aboard

Its such a horrible feeling isn't it. I knew i wanted to make sure I had a rough date by the time i had finished my report. I do think writing them extends the holiday, and keeps it refreshed in your mind a lot longer too.

Hope mine and other PTR keep you going until you secure a date for you next adventure.

Thanks for reading xx

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
what a lovely surprise to stumble upon on a dreary afternoon! I'm still trying to persuade DH for our return trip.

Look forward to hearing all about your super plans!
Welcome to my PTR and glad i have been able to help brighten up your day

Keep on at him for a return, they do give in eventually

Thanks for reading xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 13, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
When you wish upon a star – Oct 2014 Pre Trip Report

Part 3 – Introductions

So most of you will know who we are from our previous holidays, if you don’t recognise us see below on my signature, you are missing out So there are 6 of us in our family, let’s begin with me.

I’m Sarah and I’m the Mummy of the family. I’m currently 38, but will turn 40 shortly after returning, so I will be celebrating my 40th a month early on the 14th October. I love everything Disney has to offer, the magic, food, and family fun we share whilst there. Did I mention the food? Maybe… yes that was FOOD! I plan everything to within an inch of its life; I can’t do it any other way unfortunately.

I wish I could calm the planning down but Nick said it’s called OCD apparently. I would like to make this holiday as magical as the first and second but that is going to be a lot to live up to. If I could sum up our last holiday in one word, well it would have to be Magical. I tend to go a little over board with the planning but I feel Disney holidays demand it, come on, and please agree with me! Well maybe I do go overboard, but with Nick and Beth who have extra needs it has to be done that way. It is so hard to describe the emotion this place gives you. The words I uttered when leaving both times were, we have to come back!

I love being behind the camera, in fact I made the jolt in to getting some paid work for my photos, so capturing many more memories will be high on my list.

Life has been a little hard on me since returning from our last holiday. I started having issues with my legs in early January, and problems with my eyes. So a few months later after a battery of tests I was told I had Multiple Sclerosis. I sort of figured it out along the way myself but hearing it was still difficult. My mobility has slowed right down, and the doctors have mentioned progressive type, but that isn’t certain, so we will see, what is to be will be. We will deal with it as a family. Somewhere along the lines if needed I will go through a mobility update.

Nick is the Daddy, and is currently 37, he will have his 39th Birthday the day we land home, so again will celebrate his Birthday a couple of days early. He is funding the holiday, so making sure I keep a close eye on new work contracts is a must. He is the laid back one, who takes everything in his stride. He suffers with his health also, which at the moment is good, and life is treating him very well.

Beth is currently 17 and will be 18 when we are off again. She has special needs, but copes well at times. She didn’t however cope with the last part of our holiday in 2012, so I need to be careful with the detail I put into it this time. She loves soaring, and desserts, and her favourite characters are Eeyore and Figment.

Brandan is 15, and will be 16 when we go again. My quiet boy is growing up fast. You may remember when we first started planning for 2012 he didn’t want to come, but he eventually changed his mind and enjoyed his 2nd visit to the mouse. His favourite park is Magic Kingdom, and favourite attraction is Splash Mountain. He does not cope well with flying, mainly the journey home. The last two visits coming home were traumatic to say the least. He will have just started at college shortly before we go, so I will need to make sure he is focused with his college work right away.

Charlotte is my little lady, and is now in double figures at 10, but will be 11 when we go this time. She is growing up far too fast now, and when we go will be in year 7, and will be a lot more independent. Her favourite park is Epcot and her favourite ride is Mission Space.

Max is our baby of the family, although not a real baby, he is next week, and will be a big 9 when we are off again, which is quite scary none the least. On his own he makes up for the other 3 as he tends to be let’s say loud…He talks none stop Disney, and Mickey is his best friend.

Thank you for reading, more to come soon. xx

Edited at 08:41 AM.
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 13, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Looking forward to reading all your plans Sarah. We are going next year again too - it was going to be 2015 but funny how the laptop came out and just happened to land on a certain few pages So we are booked off site, and got a great deal with VH. But I will see if there are any good deals to be had upgrading to onsite with FD as we really did love OKW!

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 13, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello I'm going to subscribe to this as I read your last trip report and enjoyed it. Also we're going round about the same time so I can see how you're getting on with your planning (and nick a few ideas I'm sure ) Look forward to reading more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 13, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Wow. You are going back. So happy for you, especially with everything you have/are going through. Life is definitely for living hey?!?!

Your photographs are amazing. Do you mind asking what camera you use?

Happy planning and wishing you and your family all the best.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 13, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Slow down woman! I haven't read your last report yet and here you are starting another.

Best I get my skates on and get catching up

So pleased for you Sarah, happy planning

Jo x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 13, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading more.
Your photos are stunning !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 13, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

Wow! I will be watching for updates to your pre-trip report
How hard is it going to be keeping it a surprise

Pleased to read Nick's health is good but sorry to read yours isn't
Old 11 Apr 13, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Snail
Helping Minnie

Hey I havent read a report before and was intrigued. I just have to say how gorgeous all of your children are! Couldn't help commenting on what a beautiful family you are
Snail is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 13, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Oh boy Mrs you have the bug big time lol !
Have you looked into any dates yet ? As we are there 3wks am sure they will cross over at some point . Will give you a call nxt week when R back at school.xx