Notices

Old 29 Nov 13, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Here's hoping they get along - December 2013 Pre Trippy Two

Well with less than a month to go I thought I would write a little update

Quick update on us... Me (Emma 28, the planner), My Mum (Theresa, 62, the big kid who is scared of big rides)...the late arrival aka My Boyfriend (Derek (real name James...don't ask) 36). He is American and will be driving down from Mississippi to join us for the the holiday.

First off some advice...long distance relationships are real hard! Sheesh this has been a tough few weeks but being in the final stretch before we are reunited sure is making me happy!

Anywho... the red envelope has arrived. That did cause some excitement in the house when that turned up. Obviously the control freak in me checked it 1,000 times to make sure it was all ok (doesn't matter that I had already checked the VH website 2,000 times to make sure )

So we had a plan in place, it was a good plan too (I spent ages doing it). And then the other half decided he wanted to be able to watch NFL one day as his beloved New Orleans Saints are playing. Well given this is the only thing he has asked for we had to say yes. So after some head scratching, internet research and Dibb Busy Day checking we have moved some stuff around to make sure we are near a bar that should be playing the game on the TV. In all fairness to him it will mean we get a slightly more restful first day so all in all it works out. Day one will now be Universal with a lunch/football (shopping for Mother if she gets bored of the game) break at the NBA grill.

Still doing all the same parks (Disney and Universal) just in a different order.

Since the first pre trippy I have booked the Wishes Dessert Party. I was going to keep that as a surprise but I couldn't any longer... (well I caved after like 4 hours lol). Mum jumped around like a big kid. It was totally worth it. No other new ADR's after the last update. We are staying offsite so will mostly be eating offsite..there is so many nice places to eat offsite so I like it like that

We did order some personalised luggage tags off a lovely Dibb lady! Looking forward to getting those on the cases

Everything that is required has been booked/paid for etc. So now it's just a few more dollars to buy and enjoying the final countdown (well as far as enjoying can be when you have Christmas to arrange lol). Oh and to sort out the holiday paperwork into its new folder.

Sooo final check
Tickets - Done
Flight - Done
Hotel - Done
Plan - Done
Photopass - Done
Insurance - Done
ADR's - Done
Money - Done (mostly)
Car Hire - Done
API - Done
ESTA - Done
Seats - Done

So that's it for now... eeeekkkk excited

Edited at 05:52 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 13, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Have fun
Just Christmas in the way now
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List