Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jul 14, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Merlin Annual Pass Discounts?

We had the family premium annual pass in 2011 for four of us and they cost £403.20 and since we aren't going away for another year we thought we might buy them again for the school holidays etc. The cost today is £624, probably still good value for money but an increase of over 50%. I think I might have got a corporate discount from my last company being members of people value but not sure of this.

So my question is... Has anyone got these passes and have you got a better price and if so where from?

Shame we can't get a corporate discount through the dibb, as I see they can offer up to 25% discount, wondering if it's something that could be organised! I'm sure they'd get a few takers.

I can see we'll probably still go for these but I do like to get a bargain where possible.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are a family of 3 and paid £297 (£468 now) for Premium passes. They nearly always have a January sale where the prices are greatly reduced.

We collect our from Legoland and they don't actually start until the day we collect which we prefer rather than having an immediate start date and have them posted to us.

I think they are good value at full price as long as you will get the chance to use them a few times, but for me where there's a bargain to be had, I'll take it.
Old 6 Jul 14, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

I really can't recall how we got them so cheap, could have been a sale but we bought them in the April, I think it was just before the park opened for the season.

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We got the premium ones in January for approx £100 per person. Unless you're desperate to get them now they regularly have sales on.

Claire
X

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

We bought ours about 2 months ago, had a fab day at legoland yesterday. We bought when there was a sale on, approximate price was about £75 per person. I think you can use tesco club card vouchers to pay for them too.
Old 6 Jul 14, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
helbel84
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We always use nectar or club card points to get ours. A month or 2 ago they had 25% off. As previous posters said they usually have a January sale if you can wait until then, or see if they have another offer before then.
I have had so much use out of mine this year we were also at Legoland yesterday!
helbel84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 14, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by helbel84 View Post
We always use nectar or club card points to get ours. A month or 2 ago they had 25% off. As previous posters said they usually have a January sale if you can wait until then, or see if they have another offer before then.
I have had so much use out of mine this year we were also at Legoland yesterday!
Ah, if only I'd have known, I would have said hi. I think it is a great idea if it was possible to get a discount via group bookings on the dibb.
Old 6 Jul 14, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

We're hoping to use it during the summer holidays.

I've just looked at the renewal price which is £374.40. I'm pretty sure we won't be able to get this since ours expired in 2012 and I think you are supposed to renew within a short period after but putting in all our old info is letting us pay online, rather than risk it though I've sent them an email to ask. If we aren't able to then I guess I'll just wait for another sale.

Old 7 Jul 14, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A Dibb discount would be fantastic ... We had merlin passes in 2011 and even from Ireland got Fab use from it
Old 7 Jul 14, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread