Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Nov 14, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Is it really getting busier in October?

Seen a few threads recently about October 2014 being insanely busy in WDW, has anyone just come back and can give me their honest opinion, who's been in October in previous years?

We've only ever been in October and we didn't think it was overly busy last year, not enough to really impact on our holiday anyway.

I'm just concerned about our wedding trip - planning for October 2016 probably travelling out the week before half term (which is the last week normally) for 3 weeks...scared that the flight prices are going to be crazy again and our guests are going to find the parks alarmingly busy!

We're tied to school hols a bit so were planning to incorporate Oct half term into the 3 week trip so it eases Ben being off work a bit. We could push it back til May 2017...but that seems soooooo far away plus we love Food and Wine...hmmm Also I think Ben's little brother would be doing GCSE's then so actually that's not a great plan!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

we have been over there 4 times in oct time but at the beginning of the month in 2002 2005 2008 2012

but next year we are going the back end of oct so i would expect it to be a bit busier

as for the park they are quite with wait times of say 30 mins tops except for the new rides and the known one like sorin and midway mania

also the weather not to bad then
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Thank you That's a good point, I could check out the wait times!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We didn't find it too bad, though we are used to visiting in the summer so anything on that is a bonus for us

Universal and Seaworld especially were quiet with the exception of the new Gringotts ride, wait times were ok. Disney was busier, but I didn't see queues get much longer than an hour (other than the usual, 7DMT, TSM). This was half term week though so it's prob a bit quieter earlier on in Oct. We did manage to get on 7DMT, did have to wait nearly an hour but glad we did.

Can't wait for your next TR
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post

We've just come back and didn't find the parks too busy at all.
We previously visited in October 2012, for the last week of October and first 2 weeks in November, however this time went the week before half term and half term week.
Most wait times were less than 30 mins, apart from the usual suspects (TSM in particular!), but we also found the new fastpass system worked really well for us, particularly in Magic Kingdom. We were able to use it for everything except the Mine train and ride with virtually no wait.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney07
Dibbing with Tink

We are here now, we usually come over in December through to January, this visit seems really quiet, hardly any traffic on the roads, parks very quiet, we went to universal islands of adventure to do the harry potter rides this week and there was only a 15minute wait, none of the rides we have been on were more than 30 mins wait. Test track said it was 55mins but we checked our watches and it was on 30, soarin was only 30 min wait too. Plus a bonus for us is the weather is better in October than December x
Hampton Lakes oct-Nov 2022
disney07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

I did what you are planning, three weeks with the last being half term.

Columbus weekend was busy but we had FP+ for all the rides we wanted so not an issue. I would not say it was unbearable and I really don't like crowds!

MK was horrible though but fine on MNSSHP so I would only do MK for that party if I went back in October.

Epcot was really busy round the WS for the F&WF, Futureworld was fine but Soarin' and TT had long queues. Luckily I had got in on the FP+ glitch and booked both!

Universal was only busy at the weekend and Gringotts was the busiest as it constantly broke down!

We stayed at HRH and the express passes were brilliant although they were not needed for everything.

I think the economy picking up and the rumour that it is a quiet time, now makes it busy - plus all the events!

Congrats on your forthcoming wedding! I got married there nearly 2 weeks ago
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019

Edited at 02:49 PM.
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

We were there from Oct 3rd - 17th and honestly can't say we found it any busier than normal or certainly no busier than we did in the Octobers of 2008, 10 and 12.

We made good use of FP+ and tried to mainly book things that we knew would have the longest lines e.g. TSMM, ToT, 7DMT, Test Track etc. Glad we did as these were usually at least an hour wait, TSMM was 110 minutes at one point. There was another time that there was no standby line for it which made the FP queue a bit longer but still no longer than 15 or 20 mins.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

We went October last year and didn't find it too busy except when we did AK on the Saturday. Will not be doing parks at weekends again. Used a few fast passes for rides we really wanted to do but no more than 10/15 minutes wait. We arrive early and do the rides we want to do before it gets too busy anyway, then wander and shop. Doing July next year so expecting it to be very busy. Plan ahead if possible. Enjoy your trip.
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 14, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kayemill
slightly serious Dibber

We've done 3 Septembers and 4 Octobers.

Changing from Sep-Oct was not that bad the first year.

However I would say October has got busier each time we've been to a point that this year I would class it as really busy.

If we were not already booked for next October I would be looking at changing our dates.

However our benchmark is September having never been in a truly peak period so it's all relative to what you have experienced before.
Kayemill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread