Notices

Old 14 Jan 15, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elsamac View Post
Your flipagram is amazing! You got some amazing photos and looks like some lifelong memories were made

Looking forward to following your plans for this trip - a birthday trip to Disney is always special!
Awww glad you like the Flipagram of last years trip. I am in the middle of doing my trippie and I am doing one for each day.

I can't wait for this years trip! I will be making sure I get my Birthday badge! Lol
2014 - Beauty & the Beast take the Chips & Co on a Mickey Adventure
2015 - Beauty & The Beasts Fairy Tale Farewell
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 15, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

OMG, that is so emotional is t it? I'm going to have to do one now too!

Beautiful photos of a fabulous family holiday. I love the professional ones, ca you pm me the photographs details? I would love to do something like that with my family this year.

Maybe you should change your name to cougar cintabelle
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 15, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
OMG, that is so emotional is t it? I'm going to have to do one now too!

Beautiful photos of a fabulous family holiday. I love the professional ones, ca you pm me the photographs details? I would love to do something like that with my family this year.

Maybe you should change your name to cougar cintabelle
Thanks for reading... I would highly reccomend a photo session. We are going to book another this year, to celebrate my 40th but I am going to go for a more romantic shoot with just me and Hubby.

I will PM you the details.

Cougar Cintabelle... Ha ha ha ha xxx
2017 - Coming Soon

cintabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 15, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

you are NEVER 39?! i cant believe it!
I've saved up all the trip reports to read and im slowly getting through all of them (Taking Chips & Co is next, am dying to see the flipagram but dont think work would appreciate the tears ) but i always see your profile pic pop up and i thought you were in your twenties! Gobsmacked, you look fab xx
onion2803 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 15, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
you are NEVER 39?! i cant believe it!
I've saved up all the trip reports to read and im slowly getting through all of them (Taking Chips & Co is next, am dying to see the flipagram but dont think work would appreciate the tears ) but i always see your profile pic pop up and i thought you were in your twenties! Gobsmacked, you look fab xx
Awww Bless Ya... You have made my Friday! Lol

I wish I was in my 20's, I am not looking forward to being 40 and don't think I will be turning 40 gracefully! Lol

Thanks for reading my trippie's! Xx
2017 - Coming Soon

Old 25 Jan 15, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Well it seems like forever since I updated my pre trippie!

Trying to complete a trippie, start a new pre trippie and actually plan a Disney holiday is a bit overwhelming!

We are used to travelling in November but this year we are travelling in September, so the holiday seems to be coming around way too fast!

For anyone that has read my last pre trip, you know how much of an OCD planner I am... Yet for this holiday I have planned nothing yet! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

So it's about time I update my pre trippie, with the actual details of our 2015 trip!

As you know it's a special trip for a special birthday, so we wanted to do something extra special! I couldn't even begin to detail all the options that we considered before finally settling on Disney. I think we literally scoured the world for options that would be different for my birthday but I just kept going back to The Mouse. It truly is where my heart is and nothing was getting me as excited as the thought of going back!

Once we finally decided on Disney, we then needed to decide where we were staying & what we wanted to be included in this trip!

Again, there are just too many options that were considered to list them all but a few included the following...

Hard Rock Hotel
Disney Grand Floridian
Disney Board Walk
A trip to Anna Maria
A roads trip to the keys
A stay in Miami
Staying in the Luxury Villa, where we stayed last year
Disney Port Orleans
The Celebration Bohemia Hotel
Disney Cruise

We must have looked at every combination of the above possible! At this point we didn't even know when we where going to be travelling.

Paul had one request, if we were returning to Disney, he wanted us to go when the Halloween Horror nights where on. This worked for me also, we have been to MVMCP a couple of times but I have never been to the Disney Halloween party.

We wanted to avoid October half term, so it was looking like end of September / begging of October would be our preferred choice.

The next decision I made was that I was 100% set on doing a Disney cruise, we have never done one before and it would bring a really special edition to the holiday. So with a rough idea of when we would like to travel, I checked out the dates of the Disney cruises.

There was a 4 nights cruise leaving Port Canaveral on Monday 21st September... PERFECT!

So we had our cruise booked... 4 night Bahamian Disney Cruise in a Deluxe Ocean stateroom with Verandah!

With the cruise booked we had a definite date for travel and we just needed to build the rest of the holiday around the cruise.

We decided we would fly out on the Saturday, so we needed somewhere to stay for the first 2 days prior to the cruise. This was the quickest decision that we made and 2 nights where booked here...

This meant that we could enjoy 2 nights at Hard Rock and one full day at universal before heading over to Port Canaveral.

We were now left with the final 8 days, after the cruise to finalise!

This was the most stressful part of the booking process to be honest. My dream had always been to stay at Disney's Boardwalk but it was just coming in ridiculously expensive on top of the cruise, I couldn't justify the expense! Hubby was also very reluctant to book a Disney hotel, he was worried we would be Disney'd out after the cruise.

OPTION 1 - We adore Celebration, so we decided that we would book the final 8 nights in The Bohemia Hotel at Celebration. It's just off the 192, handy for all the parks and it would be lovely to go back to Celebration each evening and relax. Our minds were set, I priced it up and we were ready to book! I just had a little niggle, after staying in a 7 bedroom, luxury villa last year, would we feel cramped?!

So then we came up with ...

OPTION 2 - The Celebration hotel wasn't coming in cheap for the 8 nights and I said to Paul, I bet we could get the same luxury villa again for not a great deal more money. I priced up the luxury villa on Windsor Hills and it was about £400 more expensive. It was a no brainer, we wanted the extra space, the chance to relax at night with a beer, in our own pool. My next concern was if the villa would be available, last year we had literally booked years I advance. I couldn't believe it... Our dates were available!

SORTED! Or so I thought!

There was just something that I wasn't 100% happy with, there was still a Disney itch that needed scratching! In all my years going to Florida, I am still to stay onsite but I also knew how hubby felt about the matter.

I started doing some research, the deluxe resorts were just coming in so expensive (on top of what we had already booked), so I started reading reviews of the moderates and I fell in love with Port Orleans resort. The grounds looked so romantic! We are annual pass holders and we hold TIW cards, so I didn't want free dining. My heart was made up but it was time broach the subject with Hubby.

I was concerned that if we had the luxury villa, we would want to spend more time in it and at the end of the day, we are in Disney! I want to be out and about enjoying it, not sat in a Villa. I wanted to be able to take advantage of Extra Hours and stay in the parks later.

I was very surprised when Hubby agreed with everything I said and he really liked the look of The Port Orleans Resort...

OPTION 3 - 8 nights at Port Orleans!

SORTED! ... Or so we thought! Lol

Hubby was concerned about staying in a moderate resort, he worried it wouldn't be special enough for my Birthday. I was reading such amazing things about Disney's Yacht Club and it was near The Boardwalk (my favourite place EVER) but it was nearly £1500 more expensive than what Port Orleans was. I wasn't happy to pay that much extra...

At this point we decided to put the last 8 days on hold. We had decided we would definitely be booking onsite and it was highly likely it would be Port Orleans but I had been reading that Disney usually did room only discounts Dec / Jan time, so we decided to hang fire and see what offers would come available.

It was now the start of December, it was a wintery Sunday night and we had gone to bed early, hubby was up at 5am for work... He was fast a sleep, snoring in bed (sorry - breathing heavily, he doesn't snore apparently! ) and I thought I would just check Yacht club prices, for the 100th time this month!

OMG... There was an offer on... 2 nights free, would it work out a lot cheaper for us? !

I input our dates, my tummy churning... I knew previous quotes had been coming up as £2400 for the 8 nights!

The price came back as £2500! HOW COULD IT BE MORE EXPENSIVE? ! I just wanted to cry and I put my phone away. I was led in bed thinking I must have done something wrong, how could I get 2 nights free and it be more expensive?

I logged back on and re entered all my details in again... The exact same figures came up! Then I realised I had been misreading the price and it was actually £1500! Not £2500! (I am a self confessed, numerically challenged Bank Manager! )

It was a £1000 cheaper than my previous quotes and within our budget! Poor Paul was fast a sleep but he was going to be woken up for this...

The poor man was still half asleep BUT...

It was now about 1am, I am sure Paul was still asleep but he had said yes... So I was getting it booked!

I couldn't believe it, the final part of Holiday Jigsaw had fitted into place & we are booked to stay here, for the final 8 nights of our holiday!

I got a funny text from Paul on the Monday morning...

'Did I dream it, or did I agree for you to book Disney Yacht club in my sleep last night! ? '

Luckily he was very happy with what he had agreed for me to book!

So this is now what our 2015 trip looks like...

2 Nights at Hard Rock Hotel
4 Nights on Disney Dream
8 Nights at Disney Yacht Club

I think I should end this part of my pre trippie by just saying how much I love my Wonderful Hubby!

2017 - Coming Soon

Old 25 Jan 15, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
iheartwdw
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, this really is going to be a very special birthday trip!

I'm also going to Disney to help me get over a big birthday (turning 30 this summer) and we have a similar trip booked. We are doing a couple of nights at HRH and a Disney cruise - unbelievably excited as this will be our first ever .

Loving your plans so far and can't wait to read more - probably to steal some ideas!

Laura Xx
iheartwdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 15, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by iheartwdw View Post
Wow, this really is going to be a very special birthday trip!

I'm also going to Disney to help me get over a big birthday (turning 30 this summer) and we have a similar trip booked. We are doing a couple of nights at HRH and a Disney cruise - unbelievably excited as this will be our first ever .

Loving your plans so far and can't wait to read more - probably to steal some ideas!

Laura Xx
Thanks for reading... I am off to read your pre trippie.

Our trips do sound very similar, you will have to tell me all about the cruise, I notice you go a few weeks before us. Xxx
2017 - Coming Soon

Old 25 Jan 15, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Wow! Fab planning! Bet you were like a cat on a hot tin roof once that was all booked! YIPPEEE!
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 15, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cintabelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Wow! Fab planning! Bet you were like a cat on a hot tin roof once that was all booked! YIPPEEE!
Oh my gosh, that was an understatement! I still haven't stopped smiling! X
2017 - Coming Soon