Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Sep 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dancin View Post
Do you know what the 2018 dates are please?

Sarah
They won't be known until much later.

Usually very end of Aug - start of November.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
Last year there was about 4 or 5 items that were not available on for a snack credit. None of the drinks are available.

I think for anyone going to F&W that has the DDP this is where you will see the benefit of the change to having the extra snack instead of the dessert with your QS. You can easily save snack credits for F&W without any effort.
I think what you said is clear, but I'd missed this. Do I understand right, that if you don't have dessert with your QS credit, you can claim an extra Snack credit? If so, WOW!
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Can recommend the shrimp pasta with vodka sauce from Italy. Had that last week and it was very good 😀

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

o
Originally Posted by blainy View Post
I think what you said is clear, but I'd missed this. Do I understand right, that if you don't have dessert with your QS credit, you can claim an extra Snack credit? If so, WOW!
Unfortunately not I'm afraid, sorry for the confusion. Disney made a change to the dining plan this year meaning you no longer get a dessert with a QS credit but you now get 2 snack credits per day as part of the plan instead. As some people are not bothered about a dessert with a QS the extra snack is more useful as you have more choice of where to use it, especially if you are going on F&W.
Old 8 Sep 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
o

Unfortunately not I'm afraid, sorry for the confusion. Disney made a change to the dining plan this year meaning you no longer get a dessert with a QS credit but you now get 2 snack credits per day as part of the plan instead. As some people are not bothered about a dessert with a QS the extra snack is more useful as you have more choice of where to use it, especially if you are going on F&W.
Ah, OK thanks ElmsPenguin - to be honest I'm just as happy with that. A couple of times I've forced a dessert down just because I don't like to waste it, and last visit we gave away a ginger ice cream in China! Those extra credits (if they keep it that way) will be very handy wandering round EPCOT!
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Those pictures look delicious.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
They won't be known until much later.

Usually very end of Aug - start of November.
Ok thanks
Old 10 Oct 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
clandestinegir
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Mobile

How have I just noticed this thread. We still don't go for a few weeks but this if great thanx
Old 13 Oct 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
After my major planning so far I have tried:-

Canada - “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (GF) - twice as it is seriously good. Although I really wouldn't pay what they are asking for it as a main course in the restaurant.

China - Beijing Roasted Duck Bao Bun with Hoisin Sauce - substantial snack but no a patch on the real think in Hong Kong/China.

Hawaii - Grilled Tuna Tataki with Seaweed Salad and Pickled Cucumbers and Wasabi Cream - very fresh tasting but wasabi cream was disappointing (not a hint of wasabi)

Japan - Teriyaki Ginger Pork - 1 bit of pork and rather tasteless. Last years tuna poke was much better.

Thailand - Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake with Cold Noodle Salad - this dish had obviously not been anywhere near Thailand. Soggy and disappointing.

I am not on DP so cannot really comment on other dishes but Canada wins every time for me (and it did last year too)

But like everything else it comes down to personal preference - so good luck everyone trying something different.

One thing I would add is last night there were many people walking around with drinks in both hands being "loud" and wearing black EPCOT t- shirts (EPCOT - stood for Every Person Comes Out Trashed - and it looked as they were having a good attempt too and this was at 7.30pm)

Edited at 01:31 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh my god, I could literally eat everything!

I so wanna go to Food and Wine
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List