Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I think 3 weeks is do-able if your not coaster fans.
Old 6 Apr 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
onetoescape
Excited about Disney

Get any preconceived notions you will see and do everything in two or three weeks out of your head. You will not. You may get on most of the rides or even all the rides you want to do but your wont experience everything. An Orlando holiday is more than just the rides in the parks as there are so many other things to see and do other than the rides which are in some ways better than the rides. if you can afford to go for the three weeks go for the three weeks but I wouldn't book three weeks in a Disney hotel as many get what I call Disneyitis. You get burned out with Disney. I would also make a list of you must dos. Then look is there anywhere you want to eat. I have 50s Prime Time and Whisphering Canyon Cafe on my must do list as they are a bit of craic. I have done "everything" in two weeks Universal Parks, Disney Parks, Two of the Water parks, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens. It is doable but you need to be rigid in your planning. I got many complaints at the time but afterwards when we got home they said thanked me afterwards as time management is important to get round all the parks. there are many hints and tips to use to get round the parks but doing everything is a nope. Even people who live in Orlando and visit the parks nearly daily are still doing new things and discovering things!
onetoescape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Thecornflake
Proud to wear my Ears

I would always say 3 weeks would be better if you can. We did 2 weeks for our first visit as a family. I planned carefully using the busy days guide etc having 2 or 3 options for each day with a couple of rest days built in. We had a storm come through for a day so we lost a day while some of the parks were closed and the weather was rubbish. In the end we did pretty much everything we really wanted to do including all Disney and Universal parks except most of Epcot and didn’t make it to a water park. We also did Busch and sea world and had a couple of pool/mall days. But with an extra week we could have done more for example Epcot, space center etc. So 3 weeks would be ideal to be able to have a couple more chilled out days and easily cover all the main parks plus a few other bits.
Edit - as said already this doesn’t mean you can do everything in 3 weeks there is a huge amount to do but you would definitely come back feeling like you’d done a lot and not missed anything really important if you plan well. My wife got really fed up with my month spent planning intently before we left but appreciated it once we were there and she realised how much there is (I’d been before a few years ago but it was her first time)

Edited at 11:09 PM.
Thecornflake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

We go for 3 weeks, still find it not enough (but we probably find 6 weeks isn't enough either )
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
We go for 3 weeks, still find it not enough (but we probably find 6 weeks isn't enough either )
I agree

We did 3 weeks in 2014 and did WDW, US & SW/DC and DH said he needed another holiday when we got home to relax, it was very full on and we arent big coaster fans either.

We are doing another 3 weeks this year doing WDW and Discovery Cove, twice, Seaworld as we want to enjoy and take things easier

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I’m going for 2 weeks in September; I'm not allowed to take 3 weeks off work in one go. My last visit was in 1997 and I feel like a newbie because so much has changed since then. I’m staying at POFQ. Spending a day in Discovery Cove and 2 days in Universal/Islands of Adventure. I have no interest in going anywhere else. I don’t even want to go to Disney Springs but that’s where I have to go to pick up my free $200 gift card so the plan is to hop on the boat from POFQ on arrival day, pick up the gift card then go back to POFQ. I’m going to do early mornings at the Disney parks with breaks at the POFQ pool or Typhoon Lagoon in the afternoons then back to the parks again in the evenings. I've booked all my adrs and will make sure I've got my fast passes sorted out as soon as I can do them. Thankfully my FP day is a Sunday
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List