Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We’ve always tried to use every bit of holiday time so DD and I have got used to going from plane to school/work. It’s maybe not ideal but perfectly doable provided you get organised before you go. I find I get more stressed than DD!
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Children have an energy that we just don't have - even with all the caffeine. One of the things they get student teachers to do up here on their first placement is to shadow a pupil for a day. I was 24 and exhausted by lunchtime. Kids go all day, 5 days a week and are buzzing at ten to four. I don't understand them. Miss Red just wants to curl up by that time Anyway, I think she'll be fine. We don't do anything too taxing the first couple of days (with the exception of our examination classes who we hit the ground running with) so it could be quite nice to get her sleep routine sorted with school.

Or you could look at flying from an airport up here (assuming you're in England) and move your holiday earlier as we are back at school before you and should be cheaper?

Just something to think about.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cliftonite
Serious Dibber

We have had children arriving at school on the first day back coming directly from the airport - and needing to change into their uniform in the toilets! They were fine, but were on their knees by 3:15pm when we finished.

Just make sure you have the first day back date confirmed by the school as many secondary school round by us have 1 or 2 days just years 7 and 12, then the rest of the school start. Depending on your child, not being there for the first days could mean they miss out on "getting to know you" sessions, friendship groups forming etc but no real lessons as such.

I guess as others have said, having uniform ready, bags packed etc at home will be the key, and of course hoping they don't have a growth spurt... as my DD once had over the summer holiday

2008 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2011 AKL & private villa ~~~ 2013 WL (2 weeks) ~~~ 2018 OKW & Portofino
Cliftonite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

It depends on the child. If they are a worrier and Florida won't distract them, then I personally wouldn't as it may spoil their holiday xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would definitely do it. A lot of senior schools invite the kids joining in September for an induction week in July before the September so it isn't a huge shock to the system.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Last year we arrived home and both of mine went straight back to secondary school the next day and were both absolutely fine. It was me that felt worse going straight back to work! Our term always starts on a Wednesday or Thursday so they don't have a full week at school before having the weekend off anyway. We will be doing the same this year too

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List