Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mum22boys1girl
Imagineer

Mobile Magic Bands?

Hi, so magic bands I know you get when staying onsite. I am getting a villa October 2019, family of 5 with 3 children. I've seen I can purchase them even though not staying onsite? What are the benefits and is it worth the purchase? Is it just to save the possibility of losing tickets? Thank you in advance x
Old 8 Apr 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s sometimes a little easier than having a physical ticket as offsite guests can use them for entry to the parks, fastpasses and for collecting the photos from photographers and rides too, saves keep getting the ticket out the bag. You can also get the ride videos from 7dmt and from Tower of Terror.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mum22boys1girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
It’s sometimes a little easier than having a physical ticket as offsite guests can use them for entry to the parks, fastpasses and for collecting the photos from photographers and rides too, saves keep getting the ticket out the bag. You can also get the ride videos from 7dmt and from Tower of Terror.
Ah yes the memory maker. If forgotten about that! Thank you for your reply. Are these purchase anywhere within Disney?
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by mum22boys1girl View Post
Ah yes the memory maker. If forgotten about that! Thank you for your reply. Are these purchase anywhere within Disney?
You’re welcome. Yes you can get them pretty much anywhere in Disney, Disney Springs and the parks. I believe they also have some in the earport shop in MCO airport, but I think there’s far more choice of characters and colours on Disney property.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixybird88
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We wer staying off site on our last visit and got them they wer so handy for fastpasses and ride pics also love the videos u get frm 7dmt and tot. My kids love looking back on them. They wer defo worth the money.
Pixybird88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stay onsite so have them anyway but I don’t think I could go back to tickets. It’s so much easier for park entry and FP not having to continually get your ticket out.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixybird88
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We stay onsite so have them anyway but I don’t think I could go back to tickets. It’s so much easier for park entry and FP not having to continually get your ticket out.
We went to dlp this past january and found it such a hassle digging out tickets, all the time. The magic bands are so much more efficent.
Pixybird88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

We normally stay offsite and found them to be a godsend last time, and just because of pure laziness! Lol.

They are there on your wrist... the kids have them too, it's just so much easier than digging about looking for tickets...and they are always with you. . it's just so much easier... I thought about a lanyard but i find them super annoying and I already wear a watch so an extra strap on my wrist really didn't bother me.
The kids took so long to take theirs off after we left.
I actually used theirs as I'd bands too. I'm sure when scanned my details would come up if the girls got lost, but i also wrote their names and my mobile number on the inside
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Starmum22
Imagineer

Mobile

We always stay offsite but on our last visit we bought two magic bands, mostly for the Memory Maker. It was so much easier! I think next time we’ll get everyone a Magic Band as it just so simple, especially for the FP as well instead of everyone having to rake tickets out.