Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
June/July experiences

Hi we are considering 21st June to 10th July next year, Can anyone give me advice on queues and weather experiences. Mostly interested in Universal queue times as we are weighing up booking a Universal hotel again b ut at the moment coming up over £300 for 1 night.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We feel that a universal hotel with express pass is well worth the money in July in fact I’d go as far to say I’m not sure I’d visit universal without express in July.
It can be done but you’d be in for some very long waits.
We’ve only been in July but I’d reckon it cuts your wait time down by anything from 75% upwards.

Edited at 08:42 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree. We wouldn't go to universal without an express pass now. Plus you get the early entry.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
Hi we are considering 21st June to 10th July next year, Can anyone give me advice on queues and weather experiences. Mostly interested in Universal queue times as we are weighing up booking a Universal hotel again b ut at the moment coming up over £300 for 1 night.
A lot of folk are put off by the idea of planning fast passes etc in advance, but if getting onto rides without wasting half the day in queues matters, you really have to. Casual visitors end up frustrated and annoyed. And for Universal, where Express Passes are extortionate to buy, the overnight stay is well worth it. (£300 at that time of year is actually decent... but check hotel booking via BA... sometimes savings can be made)

As for weather, well, you know its going to be very hot, probably very humid and likely to rain most days. Beyond that, its anybody's guess. Rain could be a 30 minute shower, or a 3 day weather front passing over Florida. Just like any country, weather is seasonal but unpredictable.

We've been several times in late June into July and never felt our enjoyment was ruined by heat, crowds or weather. But we DID plan a bit.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
hils
Excited about Disney

I am looking to book a Universal hotel this year early July, probably RPR as it is the cheapest. I have been looking for quite a few weeks now. Booking direct with Lowes is $437.63 with tax with the exchange rate at present roughly £310. I did find a price with BA which did come under £300...just.. to £298. I didn't book and it is now just over £300.

Will Lowes price come down at all or does it tend to never change once set? Or should I just go for it, stop looking and book what ever is the cheapest now? Thanks for any help in my dilemma
hils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
The last 2 years we have been over Easter Holidays and last year we did stay in RPR for the front of line passes. I was wondering what the queues are like in comparison.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
The last 2 years we have been over Easter Holidays and last year we did stay in RPR for the front of line passes. I was wondering what the queues are like in comparison.
Off the top of my head in July I’ve seen minions at 90 minutes, Harry Potter stuff at 120, Dudley do right at 90, tbh I don’t really look at the wait times as much as I’ve got very used to the express pass.
We have booked with BA but haven’t found good deals with them for a while. Last twice we have booked with ebookers with 12% cashbook via quidco.
Old 8 Apr 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We usually go in August or feb. We went in June a few years ago for husbands birthday and I said never again. The heat was crazy! I have no idea why it felt so different to august but I found it near unbearable to the extent that we tapped out and when to the cinema ob city walk one day as I just could not be outside anymore.
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
Mobile

We went first time in June. It certainly is about 50% busier than May, however is not until managable.

You will require some planning at Disney with fast passes and early starts.

I actually thought that universal was ok but if you can afford the express passes or night at a hotel do it. I done it for the first time on my last visit and would certainly do it again
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Thank you all. After talking it over we have decided to give Universal a miss if we do book next June. We have done it every trip and with so much new stuff at Disney we will need more days there.