Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We have done Miami before and are doing it again 3 weeks on Saturday. We arrive at 13.35 so hope to be out on the roads for 14:30 getting to Orlando for dinner time.

Originally Posted by Thecornflake View Post
. Plus there’s probably only 4 of us going so I could rent something like a mustang
Are you planning on not taking any luggage

Old 9 Apr 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneyfreaks View Post
Thanks for that - How delayed were you ? Did you drive straight up to Orlando the same day as landing ?
The flight left over an hour late but we made up time so in reality we landed only a few minutes later than scheduled. One thing that to note at FLL, they hadn't finished part of the taxi areas so we had to be pulled from the runway to the gate which took some time.

We stayed in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of nights but as we were in the car by 3.30 pm we could have easily made to Orlando by early evening.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by holidaysaver75 View Post
We’re going out via FLL and coming back from MCO which saved us several hundred pounds for 6 people. We’re having a night at Vero Beach on the way up which I’m really excited about.
We have friends who have retired to Vero Beach (lucky things) so we are spending the last two days of our holiday there staying with them, I'm really excited about it too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tim17 View Post
Our flight out was delayed whilst they fixed problems with the IFE, think they must have given up in the end as many people complained there's didn't work, the choice of films etc was good. Food was okay, best thing about both flights was that the planes were empty, we had a whole row to ourselves.

We would definitely use FLL again, whether BA keep the route though is another matter.
The loads do seem to be very low , I think a lot of people simply don't know it exists. So far about 3 seats are reserved on our outbound flight in September ... although I'm sure there must be others who like me have looked at the seat plan and are only going to pay for seats if it starts to fill up .
For us it's perfect as it's a fairly early departure but I have booked our hotel on arrival with BA too just in case they pull out of the route as loads definitely aren't sustainable at the moment. That way if they do pull the flight and move us onto TPA or MCO they have to move our car and first night hotel too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
We have friends who have retired to Vero Beach (lucky things) so we are spending the last two days of our holiday there staying with them, I'm really excited about it too.
I absolutely love Vero Beach, it's so peaceful and not touristy. We spent 2 days there in 2016. The beach is beautiful!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou46
slightly serious Dibber

We fly to Tampa all the time as we have a condo nearby, and l am almost 100% sure that all direct flights with BA go from Gatwick.
lindylou46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

We have flown into Miami before and found it easy enough, was manic on the way home as we hit rush hour (we timed it so well but unfortunately hit a pretty bad traffic jam) was chaos in the airport a lot of people had missed flights etc. We couldn’t complain tho we were in and out within the hour when we landed and did a long drive up to Naples which DH done with no issues except some tiredness. Next year we are flying into FLL the flights were silly cheap and with two kids we would have been silly to turn them down. We will possibly get straight on the road to Orlando or May consider a couple of nights in Fort Lauderdale as we haven’t been there before.
OCTOBER 2023 LET’S GO!
Rozie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List