Notices

Old 13 Aug 18, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

How awful fingers crossed for a speedy recovery x
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Oh no Neil. How disappointing if they don’t come. Fingers crossed that somehow it works out.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Oh my goodness, your title couldn’t be more appropriate. Hope he improves soon and something can be worked out.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Thanks everyone. Definitely not the shock we were expecting! This trip seems very jinxed with my knee, Saffron's knee and now this.

Sadly it seems it is definitely off for them. I looked at BA's fit-to-fly policy last night which states a minimum 7-days totally clear (proved by xray) after a Pnemothorax (the thing he has). Sadly the xray he had last night showed it is not fully cleared and he has to have some surgery to fully drain his chest.

BA have said that they could change their flight without an amendment fee (paying the difference between the package price and the flight-only price), but they have to fly by 13th Sept which is 1 year after the flight was ticketed. That's probably a bit soon and they'd need to find acommodation, so I guess it'll be onto the travel insurance shortly.
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Well they are officially cancelled from the holiday, and the insurance claim has been started. Just waiting for BA to produce the cancellation invoice.

It's really put the rest of us off the holiday. Whilst we've been away without Jess the last couple of years, this is the first time we've been to Disney without her. She was so looking forward to showing it all to Jordan, and even Joe said he was most excited for him to see it all.

So it's really going to be hard for us to enjoy it at all now. I'm sure we'll have some fun, but it'll all be tinged with sadness. Ele has decided that instead of our planned west-coast road trip in 2 years time, we will be going back to Florida again and taking them all.

He's still in the hospital incidentally. He might actually have to be transferred to another hospital and have some surgery as he isn't responding to the treatment. Which means we have to leave Jess at home alone to deal with all that whilst we swan off. The hospital he's in now is only a 2 minute walk from our house so at least that's convenient. The other one is much more difficult to get to.

Oh, and my knee is still not up to it. It's swelled more the last couple of days so that's going to be rubbish too.

To be honest if it wasn't for Saffron and Anise I'd probably look into just cancelling the whole thing.
Old 16 Aug 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
That’s such a shame Neil. We look forward to these holidays for so long, and have all these plans in our head, and then real life gives you a good kick in the *****. It certainly always seems to do that to us just before a holiday!

I think you just have to try and accept that obviously it won’t be quite the same, but I’m sure you’ll all still manage to have a good time.

I hope they find a treatment that works for Jordan soon so he can be discharged and hope your knee improves too.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
That’s such a shame Neil. We look forward to these holidays for so long, and have all these plans in our head, and then real life gives you a good kick in the *****. It certainly always seems to do that to us just before a holiday!

I think you just have to try and accept that obviously it won’t be quite the same, but I’m sure you’ll all still manage to have a good time.

I hope they find a treatment that works for Jordan soon so he can be discharged and hope your knee improves too.
Thanks Jo

Looks like Jordan will be stuck in hospital for several more days - the op won't happen until Monday at the earliest.

Just to rub salt in the wound, this morning the council workers were strimming the grass verge opposite our house and kicked up a stone which smashed Jess's car's drivers-side window. Luckily a friend of ours saw it happen (ironically she works at the same hospital and parks on our drive during the day).

They promised to sort it the same day and sure enough National Windscreens soon got in touch but didn't have the right glass in stock so that's now tomorrow. If it isn't tomorrow then that becomes another massive problem as we're out all day on Saturday and then off on Sunday, and Jess will be at the much-further-away hospital - which really she needs her car for... Oh and of course as soon as it happened it then poured with rain for hours so we had to try and patch it up with bin bags and cling film.

Honestly this week is just the worst week ever.
Old 16 Aug 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Gosh so very sorry to hear all this, Neil. Hope the boyfriend recovers well and that your much needed holiday makes up for all this stress.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

I’m so gutted for you all. What a horrific time you’re having 😞 Sending some pixie dust your way, you deserve it xx
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh Neil I’ve been following along and now this! Wishing Jordan a speedy recovery and sending Jess strength to hold it together to look after him whilst she’s on her own.
Hope the rest of you can have an enjoyable time. Just make sure to earmark things they’d love to do in two years time!