Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Aug 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Daily Poutine BEST use of Snack Credit!

Just to let y'all know that we purchased a Poutine from 'Daily Poutine' at Disney Springs as a dining plan quick service meal as we wanted a drink too BUT we were told that we could buy the Poutine using a SINGLE Snack credit! That would be by far the best use of a Snack credit in Disney World as they are about $10.

BTW - A Poutine is a tub of chips with a 'sauce' if you haven't come across them before.

It's not highlighted on the menu so I don't know if the guy got that wrong. He did say though that we could not use another snack credit to get the drink at the same time (that would have been 2 credits for the poutine and drink total when a QS credit is worth 3 snacks). I assume that wouldn't stop you getting a drink using a snack credit in a separate transaction. Worth knowing that I think and giving it a try! I'd be interested to know if you are successful in getting it as a snack.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

That's interesting, they're not supposed to be snack credit eligible. Wonder if the guy made a mistake or if it's a recent change. They used to do poutine and two drinks for a QS credit on the old plan when it included dessert.

BTW, it's gravy and cheese curds on top of a standard poutine. To be more specific than sauce for anyone curious.

Edited at 07:13 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Must be the most expensive cup of chips ever haha.. Hmm

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Fingers crossed this will be the case next week.

I was slightly put off by this being a QS credit, if I can get it for a snack then its definitely on the list!
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm sure we got them as sancks, they were surprisingly yummy!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
That's interesting, they're not supposed to be snack credit eligible. Wonder if the guy made a mistake or if it's a recent change. They used to do poutine and two drinks for a QS credit on the old plan when it included dessert.

BTW, it's gravy and cheese curds on top of a standard poutine. To be more specific than sauce for anyone curious.
He seemed pretty certain but it does seem like a strange one I agree. I was quite happy to use my QS for it as we were just finishing up the credits on last day at DS.

I had the Cheeseburger Poutine which was really good! It was reviewed by the DIS unplugged guys which gave me the push to go find the stall. Glad we did...yummy!
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Last year it definitely wasn't a snack credit! It cost us one QSDP credit and we got two drinks with it because they didn't have any dessert options! It would be great if it is a snack credit for next year because I love it
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Anyone have a pic as gravy and cheese curds sounds gross!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Originally Posted by aay_esha View Post
Last year it definitely wasn't a snack credit! It cost us one QSDP credit and we got two drinks with it because they didn't have any dessert options! It would be great if it is a snack credit for next year because I love it
Do you know, I think you're right... I think I had so many qs credits left, I didn't give it a second thought
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

Just checked my notes and found my photo! I got a bottle of water and the watermelon lemonade with mine. It was so good

aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List