Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Oct 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Ive been twice to V and A and it really is the most perfect experience. Its taking everything I have to not book it again on our trip next year!

I cant advise on Chefs Table or veggie options but I can tell you they are not remotely judgey if you choose not to drink. My husband had the wine pairing but I just had tap water and not once did I feel like they were looking down on me. They even let me have a glass of champagne at the same time as my husband and didn't charge me for it.

Have a great time
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Peanutt View Post
1. How easy/hard is it to get reservations?

We didnt find it too difficult but did book well in advance - there are 2 dining rooms and we chose the Queen Victoria Room which had 4 tables with 2 diners at each - bit concerned we would feel uncomfortable as its a bit different to the norm for us but it was lovely and hope to go again on our next trip

2. Is the chef's table worth doing?

Very difficult to get a reservation for this as only one table sitting per night so unless staying onside and booking the minute the window opens dont see how people get it - not been able to try so cant compare

3. We don't drink - is this likely to be an issue? I know we can refuse the wine pairing, but will they be sniffy if we both stick to soft drinks or water?

No problem at all - we declined the wine pairing (we are not big drinkers and wanted to enjoy the meal) - we stuck to cocktails which seemed fairly strong!

4. I'm vegetarian - is this likely to be a problem if we did the chef's table?

No problem at all - we have some 'dislikes' and these were easily catered for
Thanks so much, Peanutt. It sounds like I need to get the booking done as soon as possible. 🙂
Tiggerific2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Ive been twice to V and A and it really is the most perfect experience. Its taking everything I have to not book it again on our trip next year!

I cant advise on Chefs Table or veggie options but I can tell you they are not remotely judgey if you choose not to drink. My husband had the wine pairing but I just had tap water and not once did I feel like they were looking down on me. They even let me have a glass of champagne at the same time as my husband and didn't charge me for it.

Have a great time
That’s brilliant to know, LadyDebs - thank you. It sounds like the service there is fantastic, and I love the fact that they had no problem just serving water. That’s very reassuring indeed.
Tiggerific2018 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we did the chefs table in july, cost us almost $700 for the 2 of us but was so worth it, such an amazing experience, would highly recommend, there were lots of meat dishes and I'm unsure if they could do a veg option, give disney a call. we booked at 180 days but not until about 4pm but depends if anyone else wants that day, sure the normal tables will be fine if you ring at 180
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerific2018
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
we did the chefs table in july, cost us almost $700 for the 2 of us but was so worth it, such an amazing experience, would highly recommend, there were lots of meat dishes and I'm unsure if they could do a veg option, give disney a call. we booked at 180 days but not until about 4pm but depends if anyone else wants that day, sure the normal tables will be fine if you ring at 180
Thanks so much for all the info. We can be very flexible about the date during our fortnight there, so at least there’s that. Did you find that talking to the chefs was intrusive at all?
Old 4 Oct 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

We have done V&A's several times, the last time last month. We have eaten in both rooms and at the Chefs Table.

We did try and get the chefs table and the Queen Victoria room, for a party of 5, but were unsuccessful.
You would need to be staying at Disney for at least 10 days and phone at 180+10 to even stand a chance to get the Chefs Table. When we did the Chefs table it was before the +10 days option on ADR's.

There will be no problems not having alcoholic drinks or being a vegetarian.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
nicki2014
slightly serious Dibber

sorry to bump an old thread but I am planning on eating at V&As early dec 2019 and tried to do a dummy booking online and there doesn't look to be any tables at all left for various different dates this year- will I need to ring up rather than do it online at my 180 day mark? and is first week in dec likely to be very busy?

COMPLETE-DLP 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, DLR, CA- 2007, WDW- offsite 2008, offsite 2009, SSR 2010, SSR 2012, SSR/ GF/ HRH 2014, SSR 2015, MA/ NYC/ NJ- 2015
nicki2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nicki2014 View Post
sorry to bump an old thread but I am planning on eating at V&As early dec 2019 and tried to do a dummy booking online and there doesn't look to be any tables at all left for various different dates this year- will I need to ring up rather than do it online at my 180 day mark? and is first week in dec likely to be very busy?
you can't book online, i rang the normal dining number to say u couldn't do it & was told you have to book direct with the restaurant & they put me through
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

I was able to book the main room or the Queen Victoria room at 180 days online (for September) but wasn't able to get the chef's table for any time during my stay. I've just had a look at 14th October (which is 180 days from today) and the Queen Victoria room is available online but the main room isn't.
Are you staying onsite? If so, the extra days might give you more chance.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

In theory you can book both rooms and the chefs table online but the chefs table is almost certain to be booked as soon as it is available usually by those staying on site at 180+length of stay. It will nearly be impossible to get earlier unless someone cancels.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List