Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Nov 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

The Yachtsman - What is included in the DDP

Looking at the menu at the Yatchsman and trying to work out what we will get for our DDP TS credits.

As it's 2 x TS credit I assume that you get a starter, main and sweet but do you also get a side order to go with the main or do you have to by this as an extra?

Considering paying OOP for the kids meals as seems better use of TS credits but wondered what else we will end up spending OOP here?

Anyone been recently?
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

No starter and no individually priced extra sides with the ddp I'm afraid. You will get a side of potato/veg with your main though as per the menu.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
No starter and no individually priced extra sides with the ddp I'm afraid. You will get a side of potato/veg with your main though as per the menu.
I was under impression that you do get a starter with the DDP at Signature Restaurants? Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
No, as stated, main and dessert and drink.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Only the DxDDP includes a starter.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

I guess this actually makes a Signature Dining very expensive then? If we have to pay OOP for starters, sides, kids meals, tips etc it quickly mounts up.

I've worked out that it's likely to cost an extra $135 to eat here including 2 kids meals, deserts and drinks, tips, 2 x sides.

So the question now becomes... Is it worth it?
Old 17 Nov 17, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
xmelaniee
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Kidd McFluff View Post
I guess this actually makes a Signature Dining very expensive then? If we have to pay OOP for starters, sides, kids meals, tips etc it quickly mounts up.

I've worked out that it's likely to cost an extra $135 to eat here including 2 kids meals, deserts and drinks, tips, 2 x sides.

So the question now becomes... Is it worth it?
You do get a side with your main (i.e. steak with potatoes) so you only have to pay for any additional sides.

We went there in May and loved the yachtsman however, we don't generally have starters anyway but felt the mains and desserts were more than enough and left feeling full
Old 17 Nov 17, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I think the only Signature which still offers a starter, main and desert is Tiffins on the Rivers of Light package

In September we ate at 3 signatures (Tiffins, Flying Fish and Callie Grill) all of which were fantastic. We used the children’s dining plan at the first 2 and paid out of pocket for the children’s meal at flying fish.

Yes it’s expensive, (although at least that will be a bit better next year with alcohol included on plan). I think our Flying Fish tip was more expensive than most meals, but we really enjoyed it and will definitely be including a signature on future trips!
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I looked at this as we have 2 birthdays (and a wedding) between the three of us whilst there and the 2credit TS places really aren't good value in pure financial terms at all so I've discounted the Yachtsman on that basis (we've eaten there before OOP and loved it) as there's plenty of 1 credit places we still want to try.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't think its always about value or cost though. We are looking for possible ADRs for our meals next year, we are on free ddp. We are thinking of going to STK, which is 2 ts credits PLUS it has no included sides so we will be paying for a side plus tips. But we think the food looks good and want to visit. Even though it may be not quite as good value as some other restaurants it is one we are really looking forward to.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List