Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Dec 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Virgin what seats to choose

Holidaying in orlando for first time in Sept and I am not sure the best seats to book on the virgin flight from Glasgow. We are flying economy and I have seen posts about seats in the bubble would like to sit there but not sure about the leg room, both my husband and I are 5ft 11 and don't want to feel crammed in for that length of time we are also flying with our 10yr old son. Notice the back row in the bubble is still available to book. Any suggestions.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The bubble has the same leg room as the rest of the plane. So unless you're choosing between bubble and extra leg room seats, I would go with that back row of the bubble. Not everyone is a fan but plenty of people are (it's known on here as "Dibbers Row" due to its popularity) especially the economy seats since you will disembark before the rest of economy due to PE being in the same cabin. It's also a smaller cabin so generally quieter, unless you happen to have a rowdy group up there which can happen anywhere.

ETA: Main downside of the bubble is reduced overhead locker space, so a full size cabin case won't fit in them. But they have cupboards at the back of the bubble to store cases which would be close to your seats so easy to access anyway. Smaller items like rucksacks fit in fine.

Edited at 07:28 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

In the bubble you also get the handy cubby hole next to the window seats. I managed to store quite a few bits in those😁.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sgren View Post
Holidaying in orlando for first time in Sept and I am not sure the best seats to book on the virgin flight from Glasgow. We are flying economy and I have seen posts about seats in the bubble would like to sit there but not sure about the leg room, both my husband and I are 5ft 11 and don't want to feel crammed in for that length of time we are also flying with our 10yr old son. Notice the back row in the bubble is still available to book. Any suggestions.
As loldis said, the economy seats in the bubble have the same leg room as the rest of the plane, so unless you want extra leg room seats you won't be any worse off up there. Members on here call the back row "Dibbers Row" as it's very popular, but personally I could take it or leave it, it's all a matter of choice.

Welcome to the Dibb
lyn1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

We flew in the bubble for the first time last month and liked it. The service was very good as there's only 20 PE and 33 EC passengers up there. PE and EC had it's own attendants. I thought it was quieter too. But the main thing for me was being off the plane before downstairs, we were through immigration in no time.
Old 8 Dec 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Yordaman
Excited about Disney

I can only confirm what has been said already. Much quieter than downstairs, the storage bins are smaller (so either try to put under the seat in front of you or in the cupboard at the back, but note that some of the seats up there in Economy have some sort of equipment boxes under them, restricting space for bags), you get off before the rest of Economy downstairs, and there's quite a big area between Economy and Premium to stand around to stretch your legs.
Yordaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're in the bubble for our flight next October, we're in row 79 & 80 (Dibbers row) very excited, heard nothing but great reviews re the bubble...

Go for it! 😀
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

usually id say bubble but after a terrible experience in the bubble coming home on monday id say its no better than normal seating downstairs
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

You want to be either upstairs or as far forward as you can get downstairs so as to minimise the wait at immigration. The other benefit especially upstairs is that with being in front of the engines the noise level is much less.
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jellytots View Post
usually id say bubble but after a terrible experience in the bubble coming home on monday id say its no better than normal seating downstairs
Do you mind telling why it was terrible please. We're booked in the bubble, Dibbers row in 41 days xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List