Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jun 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve used Garden Grocer 8 times. They failed to deliver one crate of water once otherwise problem free. It has been super expensive this time though. $90 for water, breakfast stuff and toiletries so I will look elsewhere maybe next time. Saves a lot of weight in the luggage though getting the toiletries this way.
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklerose
Being a bit Goofy

anyone tried amazon for this?
thinking about it for august
sparklerose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JCT-UK View Post
Bumping thread to say we used Instacart in the end, the shopper was great and messaged me to approve substitutions. Delivery was bang on time to SSR and everything was as we wanted. Highly recommend them over GG.
We also used Instacart on our last visit having previously used GG, if you sign up a few days before you go I think you might get free delivery. I highly recommend them, ordered & delivered within an hour (only a small order though). Will definitely be using them on next visit
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

I’m trying Instacart this year - signed up and they keep sending me offers so hopefully one on when I am ready to book.
Old 23 Jun 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by KFJames View Post
I highly recommend them, ordered & delivered within an hour (only a small order though).
Thanks for the recommendation. Does this avoid the $5 fee the resorts have started charging to store orders? Can you just arrange for a time when you'll definitely be at the room and meet the person delivering?
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. Does this avoid the $5 fee the resorts have started charging to store orders? Can you just arrange for a time when you'll definitely be at the room and meet the person delivering?
They sent a text when they were at the hotel & I just went down to reception & they had left at bell services & there was no charge
Old 24 Jun 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JCT-UK
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
Afaik as it's not a package arriving by mail.

I added items to my cart a week before ordering and after an offer of $5 off which I ignored they sent me. $15 voucher which I used
JCT-UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JCT-UK View Post
Bumping thread to say we used Instacart in the end, the shopper was great and messaged me to approve substitutions. Delivery was bang on time to SSR and everything was as we wanted. Highly recommend them over GG.
how soon can you order with Instacart. usually we use garden grocer but people have been saying they are way or expensive than instacart

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JCT-UK
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
how soon can you order with Instacart. usually we use garden grocer but people have been saying they are way or expensive than instacart
I filled my basket 2 weeks out and then placed the order the day before we flew out.

It then let me select possible substitutions in advance.

Even do a couple of items weren't available but my shopper messaged me alternatives though the app.

Surprised what a good experience it was.

Will never use GG again after this.

J
JCT-UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Hi. I’m planning to get a delivery for the first time so have signed up to instacart..
Which store do you all use?

Any suggestions for what brands to order would be great. We are staying at POR with the full dining plan for 10 nights so don’t need food as such but probably some snacks for the bottomless teenagers. On my list so far:

Bottles of water still and sparkling
Sunscreen and after sun
Deodorant
Blister plasters / tape
Beer/ cider or other nice fruity drinks
Soft drinks
Chips, dips
Cereal bars
Fresh milk
Cereal
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List