Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

This is my 4th WDW solo trip. I love it. Initially I worried a bit about going solo but seeing some of the tantrums from families I am glad to be by myself. I do things as I want to, take my kindle for meals and long queues. I drive over there as well and love travelling on planes by myself. I do that on business anyway so no different to that. Have got chatting to people (I'm from the North so we do that), chilled out and had some much needed downtime. I am a self-confessed Disney nut and proud of it.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scouse0352
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

It is pretty odd.

I wouldn't or even know anyone who would consider going to disneyworld alone.

I would consider a holiday alone, but to go to a children orientated theme world as an adult alone is a bit strange. Especially if children ask "why is that person sitting on there own? Does no one like them?" *True conversation all in earshot of said person*

Sorry if this doesnt fit in, but it's risking becoming an echo chamber in here.
scouse0352 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWGunner25
slightly serious Dibber

WDWGunner25's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hey, yep I did 2 weeks in 2012, it was still a great time, I have a lot of friends in the area so there was some catching up with them too, but i thoroughly enjoyed every solo minute ;-)

Holidays : Calypso Cay Amerisuites - June 2005 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jan 2008 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista - Oct 2008 Howard Johnson Tropical Palms- June 2012 Ros and Jim's Villa - Oct 2013 All Star Sports - January 2014 Yacht Club Resort - October 2018
WDWGunner25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I'm planning my first solo trip for May next year. I am so looking forward to it! I don't think there is anything odd about it. When I go with family I have an amazing time but I am interested in the things they aren't and going alone will let me spend time doing things that would bore them stiff!

If you feel uncomfortable and anyone asks (which they probably won't) you can say you are writing a blog or reviews - something along those lines. Not that I think you should need to make an excuse for why you are there!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Have been to parks solo back when I was a blogger ... many many bloggers do it all the time now. When we went to DL Paris there was a solo traveller on one of the boat rides with us. We only noticed her because the ride got stuck/stalled and we turned around, and just said ‘hi’, otherwise wouldn’t have even noticed, everyone is too caught up in their own thing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do a solo trip but I fear the fiancé wouldn’t allow it 😂😂. The idea of being able to just do whatever, whenever you want is amazing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cliver18
Very Serious Dibber

Done this many times in the past, even upgraded myself to premium economy once and I was never questioned as to why I was on my own, so many people travel solo for various reasons that it’s more common than you think
Old 4 Apr 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
Thanks for advice guys, doesn’t feel as bad now. I do still worry at bumping into someone I know in my local airport or on flight on the way to Florida and then knowing I’m on my own and they with their friends or family .
I very much doubt they'd care since they'd be excited about going on holiday themselves. That's the way I look at it anyway - people are too engrossed in themselves to care about what other people are doing.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scouse0352 View Post
It is pretty odd.

I wouldn't or even know anyone who would consider going to disneyworld alone.

I would consider a holiday alone, but to go to a children orientated theme world as an adult alone is a bit strange. Especially if children ask "why is that person sitting on there own? Does no one like them?" *True conversation all in earshot of said person*

Sorry if this doesnt fit in, but it's risking becoming an echo chamber in here.
Actually I don’t consider WDW “children orientated”. I don’t go solo but go with my sister who is also an adult. Are you suggesting that if I sit alone waiting for her to say, go to the loo, that children will be concerned by my solo presence. What an odd thing to say.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
This is my 4th WDW solo trip. I love it. Initially I worried a bit about going solo but seeing some of the tantrums from families I am glad to be by myself. I do things as I want to, take my kindle for meals and long queues. I drive over there as well and love travelling on planes by myself. I do that on business anyway so no different to that. Have got chatting to people (I'm from the North so we do that), chilled out and had some much needed downtime. I am a self-confessed Disney nut and proud of it.
Charming. I live in the South and do that - some of my closest friends are people I meet travelling to and from work on the same buses every day.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List