Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse0352 View Post
It is pretty odd.

I wouldn't or even know anyone who would consider going to disneyworld alone.

I would consider a holiday alone, but to go to a children orientated theme world as an adult alone is a bit strange. Especially if children ask "why is that person sitting on there own? Does no one like them?" *True conversation all in earshot of said person*

Sorry if this doesnt fit in, but it's risking becoming an echo chamber in here.
I very much doubt they'd care and if they did it's none of their business. The days when I cared what other people think of me are long gone. Being told a few years ago that I'm lucky to be alive did that - life's too short to worry about what other people think.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Actually I don’t consider WDW “children orientated”. I don’t go solo but go with my sister who is also an adult. Are you suggesting that if I sit alone waiting for her to say, go to the loo, that children will be concerned by my solo presence. What an odd thing to say.
Travel alone travel with others but please Disney is “children orientated” to suggest otherwise is a bit daft.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Travel alone travel with others but please Disney is “children orientated” to suggest otherwise is a bit daft.
Sorry, but I completely disagree - I don’t have children but have had over 20 amazing trips to Disney over the years - Disney is for anyone who goes with the right attitude - to have fun

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Sorry, but I completely disagree - I don’t have children but have had over 20 amazing trips to Disney over the years - Disney is for anyone who goes with the right attitude - to have fun
Exactly. I haven't got children and I've never been on a Disney holiday in a group with them and I've never wanted to do so. I've either been with another adult or on my own. I always go mid/late September when most school age children are back in school and see loads of adults either on their own or just with another adult/adults.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Other people’s thoughts/opinions/comments on someone, are just a reflection of themselves. Maybe they wouldn’t feel comfortable if they were alone, and that’s fine. Everyone is different. But when you start letting those opinions inform the way you live your life, that’s when you lose out, because in life all that matters is you, the memories you make, and the people you touch. Everything else is just noise.

Just do it.

Check #solodisneytrip and #solodisney on social media to see others doing the same. There are also a bunch of youtubers who went solo and documented the trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

whether adults can enjoy it or not is irrelevant to whether it is child orientated it is.

Before we had kids we went as adults and loved it but is is orientated for children
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Charming. I live in the South and do that - some of my closest friends are people I meet travelling to and from work on the same buses every day.
Please don't take offence, it was meant to be humorous. I apologise if I offended you.
unixgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disneyplann View Post
Other people’s thoughts/opinions/comments on someone, are just a reflection of themselves. Maybe they wouldn’t feel comfortable if they were alone, and that’s fine. Everyone is different. But when you start letting those opinions inform the way you live your life, that’s when you lose out, because in life all that matters is you, the memories you make, and the people you touch. Everything else is just noise.

Just do it.

Check #solodisneytrip and #solodisney on social media to see others doing the same. There are also a bunch of youtubers who went solo and documented the trip.
Thanks for the #solodisneytrip info. Just watching my first vid now
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KAYBEE73
Trying for More Ears

I'd love to do a solo trip and hopefully will in the next few years. For those that have gone solo where do you tend to stay? I've been to Florida 3 times with family and we've always stayed on International drive but I'm thinking if I go solo I may be better staying on Disney property 😃

Edited at 09:28 PM.
KAYBEE73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by KAYBEE73 View Post
I'd love to do a solo trip and hopefully will in the next few years. For those that have gone solo where do you tend to stay? I've been to Florida 3 times with family and we've always stayed on International drive but I'm thinking if I go solo I may be better staying on Disney 😃
Ive done Disney on my own for the last few years. As you said Ive stayed on I Drive, also stayed at the Red Lion Hotel which is on the 192 close to World Drive which was very convenient. Last year for the first time I decided to do a split stay and spent a week onsite at POR, which was great, then I picked up a hire car at Disney car Care Centre and drove up to I Drive and stayed there for the 2nd week

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List