Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post

:) Book now or wait till the 19th April

Hi Everyone,

We are just about to book for the first time as a family of three!

We have got a quote from VH for the following £5625

14 Nights in May 2019 from Manchester
2 Adults and 1 child (4yo)
POFQ - upgraded to Disney Dining with TS
14 day Disney Park ticket

We are unsure if to book it or wait until the 19th when the free dining comes out and we can get quotes from elsewhere also. We have also signed up to the Virgin Flyers club but have been told we need to wait 28 days to benefit from the discount but is it worth waiting as this could be nearly £400!

Any advise would be appreciated as it has been 10 years since I last went and we stayed offsite!

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

Have you priced up hotel & tickets with Disney themselves?

That way you can work out (roughly) how much VH are taking for flights and if you're better going DIY.

Disneyholidays.co.uk will charge for the dine plan at the moment, but you can work out the upgrade cost between QSDP (which would be free at POFQ) and DDP then add that on. Also disregard the discounted price on buying tickets and hotel together as that offer ends before 19th April.

x

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yes I think we worked it out about £1411 left for flights if we booked directly.

Had a quick look against flights for this may and it seems we could get flights for that much but unsure which way round to do it! 🙈
Old 7 Apr 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Does this include a car ? I wou”d say that’s good value one tip think about upgrading the 4 year old to an adult park ticket it’s not much more but it means she can have anything off the adult menu not just the 4 or 5 options for children. My DD at 5 proffered stuff off of the adult menu.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Does this include a car ? I wou”d say that’s good value one tip think about upgrading the 4 year old to an adult park ticket it’s not much more but it means she can have anything off the adult menu not just the 4 or 5 options for children. My DD at 5 proffered stuff off of the adult menu.
Thanks! It does not include the car but that only saved £17 I was a bit worried about the mention of the parking charges and also the rubbish insurance that comes as standard. I don’t think it would be worth it by the time we paid for added insurance cover!

I am tempted to book it tomorrow as knowing my luck it will go up in price and counter the saving of if we waited 28 days for the virgin flyers discount.

X
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kitty2 View Post
Any advise would be appreciated as it has been 10 years since I last went and we stayed offsite!

Thanks
You have nothing to gain by booking now.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think the Universal tickets will go up on 19 april so if you don’t book now I’d be tempted to book them separately now if you can
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kitty2 View Post
Hi Everyone,

We are just about to book for the first time as a family of three!

We have got a quote from VH for the following £5625

14 Nights in May 2019 from Manchester
2 Adults and 1 child (4yo)
POFQ - upgraded to Disney Dining with TS
14 day Disney Park ticket

We are unsure if to book it or wait until the 19th when the free dining comes out and we can get quotes from elsewhere also. We have also signed up to the Virgin Flyers club but have been told we need to wait 28 days to benefit from the discount but is it worth waiting as this could be nearly £400!

Thanks
We recently booked our next years holiday with Virgin and got the 7% frequent flyer discount, just to let you know though they don’t give it on the flight charges/tax element so not quite 7% on the whole amount. We still found it a pretty good price with them and certainly made their ticket prices pretty hard to beat.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by PIGLET38 View Post
We recently booked our next years holiday with Virgin and got the 7% frequent flyer discount, just to let you know though they don’t give it on the flight charges/tax element so not quite 7% on the whole amount. We still found it a pretty good price with them and certainly made their ticket prices pretty hard to beat.
Thanks I didn’t realise that.

I really want to book now so it’s done and I can start planning however I’m worried if I wait the 27 days to get the Frequent flyers discount the rooms will be sol out and price of the whole holiday will increase as it is already cheaper than TC and Tui for POFQ!
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ask them to budge a bit in the price and see what they say. I got £200 off and V Room by just asking. I pushed for more hut they said no! For comparison we are paying £5200 for last 2 weeks of May from Manchester, 2ad 2ch with 1 week's accommodation at POFQ (second week booked own villa) and Disney tickets. We are probably going to upgrade dining and they said that would be £319 for 4 of us. Lots of people have had decent quotes from Virgin by the looks of things on here so if you're happy with the price then book!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List