Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Apr 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimemouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Blackout dates vary from year to year but (approximately) free dining isn't available for arrivals in the 2 weeks before Easter and 1 week after.

It shouldn't be long before next years dates are announced
One of the posts about virgin holidays said they had told people the blackout dates for Easter next year are 15 to 27 April which seems a bit of a late start to me. You just have to arrive before the black out date and then you’re ok for the whole holiday.

Personally I reckon it’ll be a bit earlier than the 15th, maybe 7th but we’ll see soon.

There are posts which have the historic black out dates listed for Easter.
firsttimemouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are here now. Traffic has been terrible. Parks much busier than when we went during summer holidays last time. That time we managed to get pretty much whatever FP’s we wanted on the day! We would come off a ride and literally go straight back on it with a FP. This time we’ve really struggled to get last minute ones unless we wait another hour or 2, and then it’s only for the ‘small’ rides x
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Easter this year is earlier than last year and I am going at the same time this year as last (1 week to go woohoo). I found the parks not too bad last year and the driving the same. I would say don't go at Easter but go a bit after if you can, better weather and less crowds.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Wish i could go a little after Easter but have got to stick with school holidays. I wish they had 2 weeks in October instead of 1 thats would make things much better
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by xeal View Post
Wish i could go a little after Easter but have got to stick with school holidays. I wish they had 2 weeks in October instead of 1 thats would make things much better
We are the same, wife is a teacher so only can do holidays
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It seams so unfair never thought planning such a holiday would be so stressful. If you didnt have to stick to school holidays it would be such a breeze. Aàaargh what to do. My options Easter very very busy, Begining of August very very hot and humid and rain or October but only for a week. What would people choose.
Old 8 Apr 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went Easter 2016 which was late March. It was busy the first week but it wasn't the second week so I do think it depends on when Easter falls
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

With Easter being so late I would go for that. Start of Aug will still be busy as the US schools are still out. One thing though if you want Star Wars land that won't likely be open until Summer if any of the other land openings are to go by.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Mobile

Given your options, definitely Easter.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Would like to see stars wars but i dont want to wait that long to go to Disney and hopefully that might give us a excuse to go again. Fingers crossed