Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 May 18, 03:21 AM  
Link to this Post
jamie_91
Excited about Disney

Booked midsize sedan with Alamo at MCO
Picked 2018 Nissan Rogue SL
They didn’t have a lot of choice in midsize, couple of Nissan Sentras, Ford Focus, Chevrolet Spark.. 2 brand new Nissan Rogue sports ( which someone quickly got in)
They kept bringing cars round and waited ages but nothing was taking my fancy. There was a massive line bringing the cars round so I spotted this one and asked whether they were going to put it in the midsize section, they said no. I then went on and said they’ve put others in, thinking it was the Nissan Rogue sport (Qashqai) it wasn’t; was the class above. So he was like just take it. I certainly jumped at the opportunity.
Only 4K miles on the clock. Adaptive cruise control, BSM, LDW, sat nav, leather seats, electric tail gate, reversing camera the list goes on.
Good engine - not the fastest but on a long run I got 40mpg. Not bad for 2.5litre. Was the first time driving CVT not sure about them.

Edited at 05:05 AM.
jamie_91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
starbusuk
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Car hired at MCO
Virgin Holidays hut via Alamo
Int SUV booked - Hyundai Tucson
8700 on the clock
Reversing camera, cruise control, bluetooth,
21/04/18 - 05/05/18

starbusuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Chevrolet Camaro 1LT with 3.6L V6 and RS options

Booked with Avis through BA and using Avis Preferred the car was already allocated (this was our second time using BA/Avis, before this we almost always used Alamo).

Rental company: Avis (MCO)
Car booked: Full-size sedan
Car allocated: Chevrolet Camaro 1LT with 3.6L V6 engine and RS options (8-speed paddle shift automatic)
Miles at pickup: 4686
Miles at drop-off: 5684
Pickup date: 28th April 2018
Drop-off date: 14th May 2018

Imagine our surprise and delight in finding a Camaro in our allocated slot for pickup. Been thinking of renting a car like this (Mustang, Camaro, etc) but never plonked down the cash for one.

There's only two of us so size-wise it's fine, even though for the airport runs it needs one of the cases in the back seats. Speaking of the back seats: I doubt they would be comfortable for any adult, but... it is a sports car.

Boot is a little bigger than I'd imagine, but not huge by any stretch of the imagination. More to the point, the opening makes it a bit awkward and hard(er) to get larger luggage cases in. And there is only room for one larger case I the boot itself, but there is then room for a few rucksacks in addition.

Had to do some research to figure out exactly which trim level it i. This includes opening the bonnet to find the engine to be the 3.6L V6 engine. The 'RS' at the back tells me it has the RS option included and the fact it has the 8-speed paddle shift automatic points me at the 1LT (since the 1LS has manual gearshift only, the SS and higher have the V8 and the 2LT has dual-zone climate control and auto-dimming rearview mirror, which this one doesn't have).

It does have Sirius XM but our rental doesn't include it so we can't use it. Shame, but we can survive on FM.

Amazing car to drive. I've fallen in love with it, and might have seriously considered one at home if not for the fact I use my car for my daily commute and the fuel economy isn't exactly great compared to my 2.2L Mazda 6 diesel 😂 Another major downside is that it only comes with left-hand drive... and I'm not going down that road when driving back home.

Edited at 08:47 PM.
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshirelad
Excited about Disney

Picked up a Luxury with Alamo. Had a good choice in the line but went with a Cadillac XT5 with just 38 miles on the clock. Was a good drive and averaged 24mpg, not bad for a 3.2 V6

Edited at 08:24 PM.
Yorkshirelad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
RonaldMcMouse
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Picked up/returned to MCO Orlando International Airport
Company Avis - booked through British Airways
Vehicle - 7 seat minivan
Selected Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
Price £334.00 for 14 days hire

We collected from the garage at MCA - joined Avis Preferred (free membership) prior to booking so we were able to skip the lines at MCO and go straight to the Avis Kiosk in the parking garage.
They looked up the booking - handed over the key and off we went.
Handing back was also a doddle - drove back to the garage and dropped the car in the Avis section - guy came and gave once over handed over receipt and that was that

Great vehicle with plenty of room for 4 x large suitcases and 4 x hand luggage bags (with rear seats folded into the floor).
Electric side doors and tailgate remotely operated from key fob (also had remote start too). Reversing camera, cruise control etc.
Very pleased with this especially given it was half the price of the Virgin equivalent and 1 third of the price direct with Alamo!

There were really good size cubby-holes in the floor for storage - this is where the seats fold down into the floor - and we were able to store hand luggage size backpacks in these with ease.

Milly

Edited at 04:08 PM.
RonaldMcMouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Ok 2 cars on this one,

Booked with Autoeurope from Alamo
Picked up/returned to MCO Orlando International Airport
Vehicle - Mid-size SUV
Selected - 1 Hyundai Santa Fe & 1 Nissan Pathfinder
Price £180 each for 7 days

Did skip counter so was shown to the row, had 2 dodge caravans 1 of which was being loaded, 1 Nissan rogue, 1 Mitsubishi Outlander plus something else which was being loaded up, we took the Rogue and mum and dad went for the outlander. The Outlander had 7 seats which had been left up but we couldn't work out how to put them down so my parents went of to ask how to fold them down, the lady the informed us the row stretched over the lane in the middle so my dad picked the Santa Fe and I spotted the Pathfinder so we unpacked the rogue and repacked the Pathfinder.

Both in the garage out of the sun

Enjoying the sun

Big boot

3rd row folded down

3rd row up

Access to 3rd row

Middle row

Plenty of cubby holes

Dash - hard to work infotainment system

USB ports more in centre armrest with aux port too.

With Luggage 2 big cases 1 pushchair and 1 cabin bag loads of room to spare

Not bad for big Suv

Now onto the Santa Fe no outside pics standard 4wd Santa Fe

boot

under boot storage

More under boot storage

Dash area

Rear seats
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Picked up at MCO
Large Pickup Truck Group S SPAR
Initially a Nissan Titan, then a Ford F-150 4x4
Hertz
€442 for 14 days.

The Nissan had a airbag warning light so returned the vehicle to MCO and received the Ford F-150. Loads of room in the passenger cabin and much more than the Nissan. V8 engine which could fairly shift away from the lights, but only at 05:00 in the morning🤫
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Nobby39
Gone all Goofy

Lux Suv

Picked up at MCO Orlando International Airport
Company Alamo - Booked through Alamo Brits
Vehicle - 7 seat Suv
Selected LINCOLN Navigator 2018.
Price £203.00 for 14 days hire

Edited at 03:48 AM.
Nobby39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Just a reminder that this thread is for photos only.
Old 4 Jun 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

Picked up at Disney Dolphin
Company Alamo
Vehicle rented - Economy (Mitsubishi Mirage or Similar)
Vehicle given (no choice at Dolphin) - Midsize - Nissan Sentra
Price £100 for 5 days.

It was a generic midsize car, fine for nipping to the shops. Had a reversing camera and a 1.6 with Eco/Sport mode but it was going nowhere particularly quickly. Decent sized boot. 25k on the clock which is more than anything I've driven there previously.

kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty