Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Novice
Trainee Dibber

Mobile Indirect quote from independent TA

Morning, we have been given a quote for August 2019 for 2 adults a 10 and 6 year old. 1 stop indirect man-ewr-mco with same return journey. 14 nights Port Orleans with free qsdp and 14 day Disney tix for £7394. Flights are with united. Any thoughts on price, based on current Disney prices I think the flights are working out just over £700 each. Would we’ve better waiting for 11 month release?
Disney Novice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Any flight prices with scheduled airlines are guesstimates in most cases this far ahead and they reserve the right to pass on the cost if when the flights are released they are more.
Before booking you should check what the agent's policy is if this happens.

I booked Disney waaaay ahead and then added the flights once they were released and prices were firm.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluetrekker
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

For reference, we have this exact package for August this year, POR, QSDP and Disney tickets for 14 nights at a cost of £7836, but that is with direct flights with Thomas Cook and booked thru My Magic Holiday (2a, 2c ages 12 and 10).
Bluetrekker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
scenicafc
Getting Excited

Next time we go we will be looking at indirect, its looks a much better deal than VH

2007 - Davenport Lakes - 2 x 40th Birthdays
2013 - Lindfields - For the fun of it!
2017 - Indian Creek - 2 x 50th Birthdays,1 x 18th & 21st Wed Anniv.!
2022 - Indian Creek 25th Wedding Anniversary & 1 x 18th - RESCHEDULED
scenicafc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

We always book well ahead of the release of the flights. Our TA doesnt pass on any price increases to the customer. Can't comment on the price as we don't stay onsite.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Personally I wouldn’t be booking any indirect flights before they’re released. I like to choose my own flight times and connecting airports and when they’re released they’ll just book you on whichever is cheapest for them (and i remember someone on here last year booked united through newark then when they were released ended up being booked on the Frankfurt connection as they were super cheap).

I think the price is expensive anyway for indirect flights.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Novice
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone, I think we’ll wait a bit and see later in the year for flights. It’s a scary thought booking yourself when having always gone with a package!
Disney Novice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List