Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 May 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
They’re slowly chipping away at everything in WDW . We won’t eat there again ,the food is just meh we only went for the shenanigans.people constantly complaining about everything are spoiling it for everyone

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
We didn't enjoy our meal(food issues and bad service) here several years ago but it's ridiculous that they are stopping this. Who would actually complain? What next? Stopping the processions through the restaurants for kids in character meals?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsL
Helping Mickey

Mobile

How sad... however the comments on that link have lightened my mood ‘get a life and go to Denny’s’ particularly made me lol and ‘go to universal where the OTHER people go’ 😂 some people are very cross at the complainers it seems 🤷🏻
MrsL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

We were planning to eat at wcc for dinner on Christmas day. Thought it would be fun ... not sure what to do now!

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We would never eat at Whispering Canyon specifically because of the shenanigans however this makes me sad. We avoid it because we can but appreciate that other people may enjoy this and there should be something for everyone at Disney.

As someone said maybe they could include this theme in one of the park restaurants.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I understand the complaints from hotel guests but I can’t imagine many families choosing to eat at Whispering Canyon after, say, 10pm when most people are in bed. You can hardly complain about other people having fun in the daytime if you choose to stay in your hotel room and catch up on sleep! Surely you’d ask to move rooms before asking an entire restaurant to keep it down? Seems very selfish to me.
Are there any restaurants in Frontierland that could take up the mantle?
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We would never eat at Whispering Canyon specifically because of the shenanigans however this makes me sad. We avoid it because we can but appreciate that other people may enjoy this and there should be something for everyone at Disney.

As someone said maybe they could include this theme in one of the park restaurants.
That is pretty much what I think. But I do wonder if it really was complaints related, that is not coming directly from Disney. I am just trying to imagine why anyone would complain, rather than choose not to go to, a restaurant that does not appeal.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

I've never really understood what was funny about the ketchup thing to be honest.

Not that id have complained obviously.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is pretty much what I think. But I do wonder if it really was complaints related, that is not coming directly from Disney. I am just trying to imagine why anyone would complain, rather than choose not to go to, a restaurant that does not appeal.
Exactly. There’s lots of restaurants I don’t want to eat at so I just don’t go. I’m not going to complain to Disney because of the theming, I’ll just choose somewhere else.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post

We decided against it because it's not really our thing. Just like 50's Prime Time Cafe isn't for us either. But like you say, it's a shame they're stopping it as many others enjoy it.