Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Aug 18, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by catki11 View Post
You’d need to take your actual passport if that’s the only ID you have. I don’t drive but applied for a provisional license to use as ID along with a photo of my passport. I don’t like the idea of taking my passport everywhere with me, as I’m worried I’m going to lose it!
I agree, I had a provisional licence but it was so old it didn't have a photo. So, I sent away for a replacement photo provisional licence to use with a photo of my passport on my phone, as I didn't want to carry my passport either
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Teesside23
Excited about Disney

Hi

I am over 40. Would i need to carry my DL and a photocopy of my Passport, if I wish to purchase a drink at a bar ? (either in WDW or on I Drive).
Teesside23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If you have original driving licence you can gave photo of photo page in your passport and show both. You need an actual copy of the photo,page on your passport not on your phone. It's the photo and date of birth that need to be clear
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Just back yesterday and wasn’t asked for ID in any of the Disney parks, Walmart or off site restaurants ie Bahamas breeze, Cheesecake Factory. I’m early 30’s I was surprised I must look really old 😒
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Teesside23 View Post
Hi

I am over 40. Would i need to carry my DL and a photocopy of my Passport, if I wish to purchase a drink at a bar ? (either in WDW or on I Drive).
Yes, you may not be asked for ID but I know of people in their forties refused a drink because they didn't have it
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
woofwoof
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hello all,
Me and the wife were never asked for I.d. we would be exstatic if we looked in our thirties or forties.
woofwoof is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Teesside23
Excited about Disney

Thanks every one. I think, I will carry it just in case if we will be going for a drink. To be honest not much of a drinker. However, was going to pop out at least once onto I Drives establishments of a night.
Teesside23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Teesside23 View Post
Hi

We were over last year & are both in our late 40's, my wife looks considerably younger & was asked for ID on a number of occasions, I unfortunately look my age & in no way shape or form could come close to looking anything like under 21 & I was asked for ID once as well.
The thing to remember is that in the States it's the person serving you who will get arrested & prosecuted if they serve alcohol to anyone under 21, with this in mind a lot of places have a blanket rule on asking everyone no matter how old they look.

We have both been regular visitors to the States since we were 21 & always carry our passports wherever we go, only lost one of them once a few years ago when we left it in the old Fulton's restaurant in Disney Springs, didn't realise until the next day at Hollywood Studios when the wife tried to buy a couple of beers & was asked for ID.
Panic ensued for about 10 minutes until we remembered the last place that we had it, we went to Guest Services who called Fultons, confirmed that they had it in their safe & arranged for it to be sent over to the Studios & we picked it up at the end of the day.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by First Timer 12 View Post
Just back yesterday and wasn’t asked for ID in any of the Disney parks, Walmart or off site restaurants ie Bahamas breeze, Cheesecake Factory. I’m early 30’s I was surprised I must look really old 😒
Haha I was just thinking I’m feeling quite put out we haven’t been asked anywhere yet and we are all in our 30’s/40’s. I wonder if because we have youngish children with us they just assume.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

We got along fine in Disney 2015, 16 and 17 with driving license & photo of passport on phone. My passport is still in my maiden name but it doesn't seem to matter that they currently don't match. I do carry a copy of marriage cert on phone too in case! Driving license seems to be good enough everywhere other than Disney. If I didn't have a driving license I'd feel I had to carry my passport around! 😨 Worth a provisional in that case I reckon!