Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jan 12, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Aaaah, damn, i'll miss it. My son is cars mad, he would LOVE the revamp!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

wooo thats fab news
Old 7 Jan 12, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Doh! can't believe it will be closed when we are there - it will only be our 2nd trip to Epcot
Old 7 Jan 12, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Pooh - always shut when we go; normally for "adverse weather" ... guess that is going in Aug lol. Even when we have fastpasses it goes down.
DS will be sad it will be completely down when we go though.

Hopefully the next time we are there it will be less weather dependant.
Old 7 Jan 12, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mrscopeman
Imagineer

I read it that the cars themselves may have "parts that alter/change" perhaps some clamp on customising or something? That would be very Disney imagineering if they did.
With Own Brood: '07 POFQ | '08 POFQ | '09 SSR | '10 BCR | '11 AKL | '12 OKW | '13 AoA | '14 OKW | '15 UCR/Texas/ASM
mrscopeman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

How can they close it for basically the entire summer season? Just to basically just to 'tart' up the queue! is the whole of Disney falling to pieces? This basically makes Epcot worthless during our summer hol. Soaring is great but imagine the queues if TT is down?
muffa2308 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
I think Epcot, for a lot of people, is more than just Test Track. Of course it will hack people off to close it, but if they never close anything, nothing gets improved. It would also not be fair to clise everything in off-season, as it would penalise those people who pay full price tickets during that time.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Disney can't do right for wrong. They are criticised for dated attractions and areas, and then when they close them for refurb they are slammed for that too.
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
How can they close it for basically the entire summer season? Just to basically just to 'tart' up the queue! is the whole of Disney falling to pieces? This basically makes Epcot worthless during our summer hol. Soaring is great but imagine the queues if TT is down?
Something to consider is that the workers who are doing the work. They can't be in two places at once...they would either be doing a Disney job somewhere or other, and no doubt they would have schedules to stick to. More than likely, the same people would have finished working on BTM and now moved on to TT...and after that they'll probably go back to somewhere like MK for the next Fanstasyland 'upgrade'.

There's not an infinite amount of workers available to do this kind of 'magic'!
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 12, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I guess the problem with closing it during the summer is that due to the very heavy crowds, it will push all other wait times up quite dramatically. In the quieter months with their being a lot less crowds the impact on queue times would again be felt but no where near the same impact. Yes I agree that it isnt fair that the quieter months should suffer all ride closures as the cost of the ticket is the same but surely you need all rides open at busier times to cope with demand. Personally if I was to go off peak I would expect ride closures but the compensation to that is very short wait times.