Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Mar 14, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmandi
Excited about Disney

Emmandi's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 27
Originally Posted by Friday'sChild View Post
On site guests can book at 60 days so have the advantage by 30 days which I think is fair enough.

I do believe everybody pays the same for their ticket so everybody should be able to pre book and IMHO how they have done it is fair
Park ticket, maybe. However, by staying on sight we're going slightly further by paying for the resort and buying the dining plan. I think for the amount that we pay in Disney itself, compared to off sighters entitles us to some perks.
Emmandi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Emmandi View Post
Park ticket, maybe. However, by staying on sight we're going slightly further by paying for the resort and buying the dining plan. I think for the amount that we pay in Disney itself, compared to off sighters entitles us to some perks.
Yes you are going slightly further and to reward this you are given a slightly bigger perk in that you can book 60 days out instead of 30 days like the off siters.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post

We put more money in the mouses pocket by staying at the hotel and buying the dining plan. I think keeping it as a perk for on sighters would be right.
Most on siters get free dining so they are not necessary paying anymore we all pay for Disney tickets and it's not necessary cheaper staying off site. We choose to stay off site as we need more beds than most of Disney places can supply. And at the end of the day we all pay a lot for our holidays. We should all be able to get fast passes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post

thats good
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmandi
Excited about Disney

Emmandi's Reviews
Originally Posted by Molly1959 View Post
Most on siters get free dining so they are not necessary paying anymore we all pay for Disney tickets and it's not necessary cheaper staying off site. We choose to stay off site as we need more beds than most of Disney places can supply. And at the end of the day we all pay a lot for our holidays. We should all be able to get fast passes.
It may not be cheaper, but we are contributing more to Disney itself.
Emmandi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachel1
Imagineer

Shocking that Disney is offering off siters the same perks as on sighters. We pay more, we should have advantages over off site guests.
But it's not the same perks even though we have paid the same amount for park tickets- you get 60 days we only get 30 and you get free parking or transport we pay each day to park, and you get extra park hours.

Nothing shocking for people staying onsite imho.

I'm pleased we won't have to rush to rides or booths to get a fast pass which makes travelling with a wheelchair user and 2 kids a bit easier for me

Rachel x

2016 Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=29250
Rachel1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
wow, good news, I was starting to panic over queuing for a fastpass over Easter, such a relief
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

In February the advanced period was 60 days, I wonder why they changed it and announced 30 days? Very odd

If you ask me the 30 day "advantage" for on site will be ineffective as most will not plan in advance anyway.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Great timing. I'm there 18th April, and have plans printed, just need the fp+ slot now. It will make a half day water park/ then theme park more effective if fp+ slot can be selected
Old 26 Mar 14, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmandi
Excited about Disney

Emmandi's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rachel1 View Post
But it's not the same perks even though we have paid the same amount for park tickets- you get 60 days we only get 30 and you get free parking or transport we pay each day to park, and you get extra park hours.

Nothing shocking for people staying onsite imho.

I'm pleased we won't have to rush to rides or booths to get a fast pass which makes travelling with a wheelchair user and 2 kids a bit easier for me
We get the extra 30 day advantage, yes. However, it will make making changes to fast pass + selections on the day, or days when on sighters are there much more difficult. We put thousands of pounds more into Disney's back pocket on our holiday, I feel like certain privileges should stay exclusive.