Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 14, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MagicalDay
Excited about Disney

I like warm hugs

Let's be honest we all knew this was going to happen soon enough...

Frozen is based in Norway and I really believe Disney will keep most of the tradition of Norway in the new ride plus people might actually stop and watch and appreciate then short film at the end (that's if they still keep it)

Disney is a business so of corse they are going to go Frozen mad ! But agree that Cinderella's Castle should be kept as it is and not feature Frozen ice castle

Personal I think they should have more in the United Kingdom at Epcot, the main feature is the Rose and Crown! Yes we do like a good drink but there is a lot more that can be done and last time we went there was nothing to do with Wales there!

1990 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2002x2- 2003x2 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2011 - 2014 - 2016 Orlando Holidays!
Next Adventure starts 14/11/2018!
MagicalDay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

The backlash on twitter over this is amazing... seems to be some real disgust over this.

I don't think people are that bothered that it's Maelstrom that's going... more that the spirit of Epcot, or in more particular the World Showcase is being destroyed. I have to say with the recent announcements over the live entertainment acts that are being axed too, there is obviously a new direction that they want to take the World Showcase into.

Part of me is sad - the world showcase is different - its not your typical theme park area, instead its rich in culture and creates a unique atmosphere with its architecture, acts, restaurants and bars that you can't really find anywhere else. That being said, I've often longed for more attractions and rides to compliment it. Not really sure that Frozen is it? Or Ratatouille in France? But can't help but feel that's the way this is all heading... what's next?

When was the last time Disney built a ride that didn't have a movie or character tie in? Everest?
Old 13 Sep 14, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I think with the popularity of frozen that a ride is a good idea, however I think the world showcase should be based on the actual world rather than a fantasy world from a film. Good idea, wrong place in my opinion!
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
'Popular' does not equal 'longevity'.

It's tatty short term cashing in.
So does that mean 'unpopular' equals 'longevity'?

Tatty? Really not the word to describe a shrewd commercial decision and one that is long overdue.

Let's not forget that for most every Princess there is a Prince or is it wrong to encourage boys to aspire to behave like a Prince now?

Seems like WDW can't do right for doing wrong ,one minute everyone's complaining of no new attractions or investment,next complaints of changes and inconvenience because of investment.
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

I expect the Disney justification for the Christmas castle light up is that officially it's not "Cinderella" castle (I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong but I'm also sure I've read that somewhere) as for frozen in Norway... It would be nice to think that they keep the essence of maelstrom,just give it a frozen twist as Anna and Elsa' s homeland (after all I don't think Donald duck is Mexican but that ride works!)As opposed to it being the frozen ride iykwim. But I have finally seen the film a couple of weeks ago... I don't see why everyone thinks it's so great either.
Old 13 Sep 14, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Epcot, and especially WS, is unique in not relying on characters. This is a slippery slope which will see the heart of Epcot ripped out, and eventually will become a "me too" park...homogenised and devoid of original ideas.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Let's not forget that for most every Princess there is a Prince or is it wrong to encourage boys to aspire to behave like a Prince now?

That's very true and a very good point, but they don't give much if any time to the prince's do they? When we went last year, my daughter said oh disney must have loads of Prince stuff please bring back some...(My grandsons full name is Riley-Princenothing to do with me!) but there was nothing. The closest I could get was a shield and sword in the toy shop in Germany in world showcase, but I didn't buy it as it could've come from the gift shop in any castle over here! There wasn't even a picture frame,a t shirt or bedroom sign or something with Prince charming written on it.
Old 13 Sep 14, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't mind the ride so much but replacing the Fairy Godmother with Elsa just seems a bit sad - it's throwing out an old classic character who doesn't really get much attention to replace her with a character that, whilst I like her, is everywhere at the moment!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JK's Mummy View Post
I think with the popularity of frozen that a ride is a good idea, however I think the world showcase should be based on the actual world rather than a fantasy world from a film. Good idea, wrong place in my opinion!
Excellent point! Walt was about learning about and exploring and sharing other cultures, accurate versions!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have no interest in 'Frozen' as I have no little girls and I love Epcot for what it is! They already spoilt the mexico ride with those awful ducks keep frozen to the MK or Studios ..

I am only getting WDW tickets this year for the F&W festival and they are removing lots of my favourite things already! Off Kilter, Fife and drum and the band in UK .. I think this will be my last visit to WDW too money grabbing and penny pinching now imho

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List