Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

We rebooked our may honeymoon to 30th Oct-16th Nov but I’m not 100% convinced that will happen.

I think Disney will re open during mid/late summer in some form with different ‘stages’ but I’m dubious that international travel will be up and running.
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Moved our April trip ( 10 of us ) to mid October atm. If we have to move or cancel at that time then so be it.

We confirmed that we would still be insured. Re insuring 2021 will probably be the bigger issue if we don't make it in October ( from a covid point of view anyway )

We are all pretty loose about it now after being very upset about April after 18 months of saving and planning.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Still booked for Sept/Oct but for the first time starting to think that it's not going to happen! Obviously not the worst thing in the world & we would have still be going next year anyway but it was something to aim for IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ben1993 View Post
No they haven't, a stock ANALyst with no evidence to back his claims has suggested it, probably in an effort to short the stock.
Altered the above slightly for you
Old 26 Apr 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Whilst rebooking should still be covered by your current travel insurance (Unless insurance needs renewed between now and your new departure date) those who, like the op have cancelled and got their money back and are now looking at a fresh booking will not be covered by any travel insurance unlike for any CV related issues.

America is not a place you want to get ill without insurance it could cost you everything.

Edited at 01:40 PM.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ben1993
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Whilst rebooking should still be covered by your current travel insurance (Unless insurance needs renewed between now and your new departure date) those who, like the op have cancelled and got their money back and are now looking at a fresh booking will not be covered by any travel insurance unlike for any CV related issues.

America is not a place you want to get ill without insurance it could cost you everything.
Email from my insurance provider states that any trips booked after March 12th will not be covered for cancellation, but will be covered for medical as long as there is no active FCO warning against travel to that country.
Old 26 Apr 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

From March 31st to November 19th
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I really doubt the 2021 rumour has any merit at all, especially considering members of disney are on the open up florida committee that is already trying to get the state back to normal... Also if that was the case they would litterally have to rehire all their staff again and retrain everyone... Without cash coming in from new movies and people not coming into the parks. They will want the latter to change as soon as possible... And also shanghai park opened up again after 2 months!
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
CindELLIE
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I was hoping to do marathon weekend in January for 1st time but I’m holding off for now, there is just no idea of knowing😢.

I don’t think any Disney Park has reopened yet even Shanghai
Old 27 Apr 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

I am debating booking flights for our family for October half term, not planning on doing parks but would like to do a week at the beach. Hmm what to do, am concerned if we wait then flights will increase to an unaffordable level for us!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List