Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If it helps Nationwide is the same although there is some indication that this might be shifting now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

I think Natwest is also the same!
Old 12 Jul 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Is this relative to covid only?

For example, you book your holiday today with an annual policy in place but suffer a heart attack before travel in April 2021 when there are no travel restrictions in place, and make a claim for cancellation...would it be declined?

Disney332
Old 12 Jul 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

For nationwide all it says is that covid-19 cover will not be provided if FCO advice was in place at either the time you booked or at the time you travel.
Old 12 Jul 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Is this relative to covid only?

For example, you book your holiday today with an annual policy in place but suffer a heart attack before travel in April 2021 when there are no travel restrictions in place, and make a claim for cancellation...would it be declined?

Disney332
It sounds as if it should only relate to Covid but the person I spoke to didn't clarify that. It's probably worth asking the question to your insurance company.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
For nationwide all it says is that covid-19 cover will not be provided if FCO advice was in place at either the time you booked or at the time you travel.
So it is covid related...

Is that cancellation cover, repatriation cover, or medical cover if needed abroad, or all of the above?

AXA Travel Insce will provide covid cover.

Disney332
Old 12 Jul 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LoveHolidays View Post
It sounds as if it should only relate to Covid but the person I spoke to didn't clarify that. It's probably worth asking the question to your insurance company.
Thankyou.

Stay safe

Disney332
Old 12 Jul 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I had the impression it was all of the above when I called them about it.

But that was a couple.of weeks ago..stuff is evolving.

Best to speak to your own insurer for accurate advice suitable to your own position.
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

We are planning for next year at the moment as we’re in the same position, Covid-19 cancellation isn’t covered. I’m trying to keep it to deposits only and also seeing if I would have the ability to change / move everything I book. So, at the moment, I’ve paid a deposit to Disney of £150; DCL Deposit is fully refundable up to next June and when I do book flights I’ll look at BA or Virgin who are doing free changes deals. Of course, if Covid-19 is still a problem when we go (if we can), we’ll have to consider it very carefully as medical cover won’t be available and we may have to pay for extra cover in case
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Trailfinders are doing cover including Covid. I have nationwide but have ended up getting a trailfinders policy as well for the Covid cover