Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Nov 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Do we cancel August 2021? Lose £950

Originally due to go 2020, we have paid £950 to our TA as a deposit, that includes £250 amendment fee from moving our holiday from August 2020 to August 2021. Now looking at how much our holiday has changed- no fp, no free dining, no longer at Pofq-they want to move us but we said no, no character meets, no shows etc on top of all the covid risks and restrictions. The holiday is not what we planned, booked or want. With two autistic children these changes will not work. We could pay another £250 to Ever After in amendment fees to move to 2022 in hope that some normality resumes but prices will no doubt go up and we might not be able to afford or we lose the £950 we have paid? I doubt insurance will pay out.
What would you do?

HomeAway/villa are fab- said can move to 2022 no fee or just refund us £600 deposit.
Thank you
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I wouldn’t do anything until any further money is due. A lot can change in 10 months.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

I'd have thought they'd have waived the ammendment fees due to it being a global pandemic - thats ridiculous!

I personally would keep the booking active and monitor the situation to see what happens because it's a lot of money to lose, however I do appreciate that this isn't viable for some people and it's something you need to take action on one way or another.

It might be worth either going through your insurance policy with a fine tooth comb to see what is actually covered and of there is a chance they'll pay out, or getting in contact with your insurance company to see what they're saying with the current guidlines.

I hope everything works out for you, and that the outcome is something you and your family are satisfied with!
Old 3 Nov 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

We can’t actually afford to pay for seven days on site eating. Free ddp was the deal breaker for us. I’m also worried if I leave it until 14 wk before and then postpone our villa for the next two weeks won’t be available for 2022.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

I’d loathe to pay another £250 in amendment fees. £500 in fees is just eye watering. I think it’s virgin and disney that charge fees no actual TA.

I’m not one that’s happy to wait and see. It’s not an approach you can have with an autistic family. Everything has to be so well planned.
Old 3 Nov 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
junpit
VIP Dibber

Very similar for me. Originally going in Aug 2020 with free DDP at CBR. The 2021 price was the same and so I cancelled and got my deposit back. I then obtained my flight money back months later from Aer Lingus.

I've provisionally booked the dolphin for 2 weeks in Aug 2021 with the ability to cancel. Its going to be a strange situation. I think 2021 might be a no go although Ive noticed Disney are getting a bity jittery with the recent 4 nights free offer. It still seems too expensive.

I think a massive discount is coming by next year if the summer is looking bad. My money is currently on 2022. This will be the longest period (4 years) that has passed without a trip to Orlando.
Saratoga Springs (2013)Marriott Courtyard - LBV (2011)
Clarion Inn - LBV (2009)Quality Inn Plaza x 4 (2002 - 2007)
Best Western Plaza (2000)
junpit is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

I completely understand the free DDP situation, my parner and I have both agreed it's something we'll also likely need in order to be able to afford our Disney trip.

Why don't you speak to your agent and see if they can keep an eye on the free DDP to see if it becomes abvailable on your dates and if it's something they can add to your booking? Obviously it's not a guarentee as we don't even know if/when its something being reinstated, but it's worth asking the question.

I'd definitley make a decision before the 14 week mark, because like you said it's a case of missing out on desired dates if you don't make that decision earlier rather than later, you could of course wait until the new year and then see how things are looking from there, just to see if there any more clarity on the situation.
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think if you aren’t in a position to see how it goes you’d be best to try and move to 2022 or cancel. Like you, I’m not happy going without the usual Disney perks but I’m happy to wait it out.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Ever After have a really bad reputation on the FB groups I belong to. So I'd cut my losses now before paying out more money to them. If you decide you still want to go, you could always book with someone else at a later date.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

If I postpone i’ve then paid £500 just in amendments. That’s really bothering me. If I cancel I lose £950. Frazzled brain.
Thank you