Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
My DS15 has been growing a moustache (or attempting to grow one) since March! I wish someone would shave that off. 😂
😂😂😂

My boys are forever moaning that they have to shave theirs. They all have a moustache (Age 15, 16, 19, 20) but none can grow a full beard yet, except my dark haired DS that has a full beard and a tonne of hair on his head and body too &#128514. 2 are blonde and get ‘fluff’ in little patches which they hate.

My DS15 has a moustache and a baby face, bless him. He won’t shave it because he knows from his older brothers that it’s a never evening task and he’s not ready to be a ‘grown up’ yet.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Dreaming View Post
DD 13 has shaved half her eyebrows OFF! Apparently she likes them!
I’ve been through so many of these ‘trends’ with my daughter (24). I normally keep the photos she posts in FB, Insta etc and then show her years later and we laugh. It’s always followed by “why did you let me go out like that?!” and “what was I thinking?!” 😂😂😂
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

OMG why
I remember coming home & finding out my 17 year old son had pierced his eyebrow 😳
Not a great look I thought & he soon let it close up as he was fed up with wearing a plaster over it for his weekend job at Primark
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Many years ago, I was around 18 and in Army training, living in a 12 man room (Prison inmates who whinge take note). One of the lads was getting married on the Saturday. He rather unwisely went out with his room mates on the Friday evening for ‘a couple of quiet ones’.

He was a very hairy individual, black haired and with the then traditional Huge, Army moustache. When he woke up in the morning he went for a shower .. and went absolutely ballistic, re-entering the barrack room, screaming, shouting and upending our beds.. a big fuss over a single little, tiny issue.

He had one eyebrow and only half of a huge moustache.. on the opposite side of his face to the solitary eyebrow. Everyone was in hysterics.. other than him.

We were rather immature in those far of days of 1978!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Many years ago, I was around 18 and in Army training, living in a 12 man room (Prison inmates who whinge take note). One of the lads was getting married on the Saturday. He rather unwisely went out with his room mates on the Friday evening for ‘a couple of quiet ones’.

He was a very hairy individual, black haired and with the then traditional Huge, Army moustache. When he woke up in the morning he went for a shower .. and went absolutely ballistic, re-entering the barrack room, screaming, shouting and upending our beds.. a big fuss over a single little, tiny issue.

He had one eyebrow and only half of a huge moustache.. on the opposite side of his face to the solitary eyebrow. Everyone was in hysterics.. other than him.

That's so mean!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
That's so mean!
We were young! I would like to think that I would not do that now... oops! A partial confession.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I would actually be pleased that my daughter had the confidence to do it. She worries so much about standing out that she finds it difficult to know what her own style really is. I suppose I was just the same.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

During my Army basic training in Guildford I decided to bleach my very dark hair. Unfortunately it turned into a very awful gingery red colour and I had to bleach my eyebrows to match😳. My parents came to watch my passing out parade. We were being inspected by a high ranking US Army officer and my parents were extremely proud when he stopped to talk to me. After the parade they excitedly asked me what he had said to me. They were a bit deflated when I told them he'd said "Gee I've never seen a redhead without freckles".
😂😂😂
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

We were young! I would like to think that I would not do that now... oops! A partial confession.
Yes we were a bit naughty weren't we! I heard about some of the pranks the male soldiers got up to😳.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List